Rod and Piston Upgrade Recommendations 2010 Mustang (Looking for deals)

Damn orion you need to move over here as everything you post lately is from my local area here in michigan. lol

Liberty trans if you ever need something track ready.

EDIT: I've always went with eagle rods and wiseco pistons.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to do this right, forget name brands, it's the design that makes the difference. Your going to want a lower top ring, napier 2ng, and change your compression hieght and rod length so it leaves you at least .012-.018 in the hole. CP has a great accumulator groove design that would help off boost sealing.

Also, hard anodize the ring lands to prevent micro welding, and make damn sure your hone finish is spot on if you use a moly faced ring. I've used an .043 .043 3mm ring pack on setups like this with great sealing and durability, provided the hone job is round and finished properly. If you machine shop doesnt have a profilometer, find a new machine shop.

You can shoot me a text if you have any questions, also I can get you whosale on most parts. I build those engines ya'll watch on Sunday.

941 565 156five

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked at Modular Motorsports? For $6700 you get:

MMR Street Mod 750SE 4.75 Liter 3V 2005-2010 Longblock

This forged 3V MMR longblock can handle up to 750 RWHP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 750SE shortblock with Billet Adapter (required when using the Ford Racing iron Block in 2005-2010) MMR/Manley Forged Pistons with 3V valve reliefs, 4340 MMR Forged I-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, forged crankshaft fully balanced and
blueprinted in a Brand new Ford Racing Iron Block with Brand New Production CNC Ported by MMR Ford 3V heads, Ford Racing head gaskets and a High Volume oil pump.

1 year warranty

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/

Their shortblocks look to be competative with Livernois but for ~$2k less as well and use brand new Ford Racing blocks.

If you want to do this right, forget name brands, it's the design that makes the difference. Your going to want a lower top ring, napier 2ng, and change your compression hieght and rod length so it leaves you at least .012-.018 in the hole. CP has a great accumulator groove design that would help off boost sealing.

Also, hard anodize the ring lands to prevent micro welding, and make damn sure your hone finish is spot on if you use a moly faced ring. I've used an .043 .043 3mm ring pack on setups like this with great sealing and durability, provided the hone job is round and finished properly. If you machine shop doesnt have a profilometer, find a new machine shop.

You can shoot me a text if you have any questions, also I can get you whosale on most parts. I build those engines ya'll watch on Sunday.

941 565 156five

I have a feeling this guy knows what's up. I think if ken and this guy work out to be buddies, men's gonna have one fast, solid ass car that'll big ass grin on his face :D

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

If he ever comes to TN, I'll give him a ride in 03 Terminator that puts 860hp to the rear wheels. Oh ya, on a STOCK bottom end. You just have to really know your shit to make it work, but it can be done.

Not my car, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived