Clamping Method vs SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. SMD AMM-1 Audio Multimeter

All I gotta say is amm-1 is a great tool. Pricey but good tool. Prolly best smd tool to date.

Video showed clamp wrong. Admit it and move forward. How hard is it to make another 4 minute video? Someone who doesn't read through all these pages or watches video on Facebook or YouTube are going to be mislead. Your product can sell itself, doesn't need to put others down in false ways to sell it.

For clamping in a car to see real power this tool is probably the easiest most affordable out there. Are there other ways, yes but this tool will eliminate all human error and be dead on everytime.

Awesome stuff.

How about this, would you like me to redo the test and use only a TRMS Multi meter. THen how are you going to know the point where clipping occured?

The only thing wrong with what I did may be the way I come across on the video instead of explaining why there is such a drastic difference.

Here is the fact of the matter. 99% of people who clamp are going to do exactly what I did. Take the biggest number you see and claim it as watts.

i agree with you, most will take the max true rms and dont even know what an o-scope is.

most dont know what power factor is, for most, this video will show them how far off they are.

but for people who do it right and have all proper tools, this video is completely wrong.

i could care less if you re-do it, but at the end of the day , if you showed people how to properly clamp in this video none of the arguments would be made in this thread.

and the amm-1 wold look even better since you dont have to do any calculations or readings and you dont need more than one person to clamp.

please understand im not trying to argue, but this video can be misleading.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

how about you just do a correct clamping method vid and then at the end of clamping the amp use the amm1 to show how much faster it is and if there is a difference (which im sure there will be) will just show that the amm1 is faster easier and more accurate then clamping all together. at the end of the vid have a list of everything the amm1 can do.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

how about you just do a correct clamping method vid and then at the end of clamping the amp use the amm1 to show how much faster it is and if there is a difference (which im sure there will be) will just show that the amm1 is faster easier and more accurate then clamping all together. at the end of the vid have a list of everything the amm1 can do.

Bump4life isn't trying to sale the AAM-1.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

Bump4life isn't trying to sale the AAM-1.

he wasnt reffering to me.

i like his idea though. because i still dont remember what it all does. you have to watch that long intro video to find it all out.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

my post was referring to cj18.

I think it will help end the aurements all together.

imo the vid was to compare it to the easiest way to clamp found on google. getting mad that it was compared to what people commonly consider clamping is pointless. if you know a better more accurate way of doing it great for you. however the comparison was to show how the most commonly used method of clamping is not accurate and unreliable for results and isn't even rms output but rather VA.

if you want to get mad that they basically said clamping with a dmm and clamp meter is not accurate but the amm1 is then o well your issues not ours so go beat off In a corner. no one was putting down the less known, more expensive, time taking easily error method of clamping that can give more accurate results if done correctly. they where only saying the use of a dmm and clamp meter is not accurate or true rms power from an amp.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

not going to take sides cause i don't really give a shit. I am enjoying the debate and seeing all the experts and "experts" chiming in. Please continue.

:popcorn:

No matter what tool you come up with Tony, there's always haters that smater than u

You should be listening to what I'm saying.. I could save you a lot of money. But nah you should just listen to the mfg for the dyno and amm1.. he's not biased at all. ROFL.

Tony props to you. Laughing all the way to the bank.[/quote

so what's your pedigree. I know tonys and I know Taylor fades for the most part. At least enough to know he knows enough about this stuff to take home a few of those big ass trophies. You on the other hand are an anomaly. It's very hard to take one seriously without their background.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

WOW! Just read thru all this on moblie! I agree that if you know what you're doing you can clamp and get accurate results BUT if you could get accurate results with ONE tool and half the work then I'm all about it!! Love the tools Tony keep up the great work!