What Causes an Overboost Condition?

Oh ok, yea I didn't know if it was mechanical or computer controlled. Maybe if the blowoff valve is malfunctioning it won't maintain the proper boost? I'm not 100% sure how they work so forgive me if I sound stupid lol.

Ninja'd

What sort of difference does your exhaust note have? More muffled? Deeper? Sounds like there is cotton in there? Like less cylinders are firing? Metallic? Pingy?

The power stroke I had was turbo'd from the factory and the fuel gelled up and I put diesel 911 in and it over boosted for a whole tank.. I'm not sure what caused it but as soon as most of the fuel treatment was out the tank and put #1 (winterized) diesel in it, it was fine again.. And even tho I was running 50+psi the truck lacked a lot of power it felt like. I'm not sure how much boost I was actually running as the factory sensor only will read up to 50lbs. Maybe you could baby it around and burn through that tank??

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

X2 on burning through the tank, sometimes fuel treatments can do some funky things, although they shouldn't. Maybe some kind of reaction between the seafoam and the octane booster you use?

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

The fuel, or any additives in it, shouldn't directly affect boost on a SC motor.

I test drove the car this morning, and around 4k rpm it gets to knocking real bad on the passenger side bank, power drops, and the CEL begins blinking.

What I think is, I had a head gasket issue and it escalated on my drive home last night, causing 2 or more cylinders to misfire badly. The misfire dumped a ton of raw fuel into the cat on that side, damaging it and causing an exhaust backup. This back pressure is causing the overboost. Just my guess.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

do a block test to see if you have any exhaust in the cooling system.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

do a block test to see if you have any exhaust in the cooling system.

How can I do that? My shop is 60 miles away, and there aren't any mechanics local to me with very good reviews.

And, do you think my guess makes sense?

Yeah your guess sounds like a good possibility. When the light was flashing that usually means something big is going on that could cause damage to the car/motor. I would do a block test. You can buy a kit for like $30. Also need to do a back pressure test on the converters to see if they are clogged. If it was dumping too much fuel in then the converters get extremely hot and start to melt on the inside. Ive had cars come in the shop that the carpet above the converts was melting cause they got so hot….

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived