The HATs are Badass I'm sure. I wish we had someone local with them that I could hear in an installation. Best I've really heard are some DLS 3 ways(which sound lovely) and some Focal KRX2s, which weren't EQd right and never sounded great to me.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'll leave that one alone.

You're one to talk :wub:

I think you're confused! But ok.

The HATs are Badass I'm sure. I wish we had someone local with them that I could hear in an installation. Best I've really heard are some DLS 3 ways(which sound lovely) and some Focal KRX2s, which weren't EQd right and never sounded great to me.

I've heard great things about the focals. I was actually looking at a 2 way set of Focals at the local West Coast Car Audio here. I just couldn't justify the price. I don't think it was those you just mentioned. I think they were like a bamboo cone or something crazy. They sounded UNBELIEVABLE!!! But they were almost $1200. I was like um, I'm good thanks. I think it was the Flax series.

Anyway, any progress on the doors this weekend?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry I have been around recently boys, work and life is keeping me busy. I finished up the doors on the truck. The only thing left is a couple more layers of paint and a pin stripe to separate the black and gray. I'm pretty pleased with them and I think they were a big hit at our big Summer Showdown show put on by a local teammate here in AZ.

PICS:

20160707_052251.jpg

20160706_232810.jpg

20160710_035802.jpg

20160710_043351.jpg

Also, I made some 45s for the top of the enclosure above the subs and in the back of the box for giggles to see if it helps me gain. I picked up some bright ass white LESs to finally light the inside of the dance floor up.

20160714_041910.jpg

20160715_032134.jpg

How far out do the speakers sit?

I have the dd same door panels and I'm afraid when bill glasses my 8s the e brake will hit. Can I get a side view to see the thickness

The driver door does sit out a bit. I have to open the door to open the hood latch but the E brake I have access to with no problem. I can snag a pic just for you later. You want full nude or just partial?

• 4 weeks later...

Blowthrough is out and equipment is sold. I decided to downsize and get my bed back. I'll put something back in, but it well be behind the rear seat. I'm done destroying the truck(dash is cracked pretty badly) and I don't want to keep down the path and start tearing sheet metal :(

I got this beauty of a 4 channel in though :D

20160813_201827.jpg

These are in short supply so I'm lucky to have one. XS-SQ4 with Burr-Brown DAC and a bunch of other goodies stuffed inside

Archived