I mean you would have already changed lolol. Hell, you'll have this done by July. I'm just waiting to see if I can get a week of December off after my classes are out before setting anything in stone.

LOL!! Not all the AZ guys are as slow as I am :P

I mean you would have already changed lolol. Hell, you'll have this done by July. I'm just waiting to see if I can get a week of December off after my classes are out before setting anything in stone.

I've got my plans pretty concrete at this point. I just have to get subs and start cutting. I've blueballed DolarBilz to the point where I doubt he thinks he's EVER going to see Blowthrough.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Man have not checked in here for a while back on page 12 the sleeves for the wires used on the battery bank I likes looks very clean I may have to copy that if I ever get where I stop changing stuff long enough LOL

I've lost all hope in this build.you get OK from your woman to cut a blow through and we are painting fuse holders.cut this truck already lol jk I know you will and it will be done clean.

I know, I know. I gotta get these subs ordered and the hole will happen shortly after. I'm wishing I had the nice Snap-On welder we let go some years back. It would be nice to get a steel frame around where the cutout will be. I'll likely do something once I start making some noise and causing damage.

You guys give MUCH motivation and I truly appreciate it. Even though I know some of you will find pleasure in me cutting my baby :D

I had thd back of my cab cut out.had this shop weld in some thicker metal.( not thag cheap factory potmetal) i mean the whole back from window down.he kept factory bends I added two layer MDF and bolted through to box.I put a 3" round aluminum spacer from cab to bed so when tighting the through bolts it wouldn't collapse the back cab.the aluminum tub were slipped over bolts so they would fall down.back cab was stiff..hope makes sense .lol

I totally follow, I had to read twice, but I follow. I miss having a welder. Smoove has one though and I think well have to take a trip to get some metal at some point m that all has to be done after we cut the hole though, to know what we have to work with.

Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. My dad is a fantastic fab guy and I'll pick his brain too. I'm pissed we don't have the welder anymore. It was a beautiful 220 with ability to TIG also. Many hot rods were built with that welder on our garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a sub to hopefully install in my "ugly" Transmission line some time soon(hopefully I can slap it together in a day).

I am still waiting to hear back about ordering my subs(for the blowthrough) but I'm thinking I'll be hearing from my guy soon and I'm freaking excited about it ;)

I picked this up locally. This will have to suffice for a little bit of bass in the meantime:

20140614_103447.jpg

20140614_103640.jpg

Archived