How does he plan on crossing the 3 way front stage? Or running as two pairs of two ways?

They won't be 3 way, just like you guessed, two sets of Two ways. I kinda wish I had a little bitty amp to run the 4" comp set because they don't require much power at all.

Hmm, interested to hear how he plans on doing that, to me it sounds pretty hard to make sound as good as he is saying.

Why not run a three way? You could run a LPF on the midbass, then run HPF on the 80PRS to the comp set, which would then be passively crossed between mid/tweet. T/A wouldn't be a big deal since you plan on putting them both in the A pillar. You would probably want to choose a midbass that was better suited to midbass duties though, PA mids generally don't play super low that well. There's some efficient midbasses out there that would be better suited IMO.

To me, you didn't need those tweets down low anyway, and this would solve the comp set amp problem too. This is definitely what I would do man. Talk it over with your guy though, see what he thinks.

I deleted my reply somehow damn. I was just going to edit. Anyway, I've talked it over with my guy and Roger himself. Roger said his doors in his personal ride would surprise you what comes out of them.

If I can't get it dialed in, I'll opt for a normal comp set and still try to get the A pillars dialed. I'm not going to be shy to test, test, test and sink hours into tuning, I enjoy it. My sub stage should pick up a, good amount of slack as well and hopefully give me a useable cutoff to match the mids.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yayyy, New toy. This will help with dialing the enclosure in I believe. If I can figure out how to use it:(

20140924_091520.jpg

Thanks to Steve, that was a FAST interaction. I contacted him Sunday about ordering, he followed up, sent invoice, I paid and he shipped Monday. It doesn't get much better than that.

How does he plan on crossing the 3 way front stage? Or running as two pairs of two ways?

They won't be 3 way, just like you guessed, two sets of Two ways. I kinda wish I had a little bitty amp to run the 4" comp set because they don't require much power at all.

Hmm, interested to hear how he plans on doing that, to me it sounds pretty hard to make sound as good as he is saying.

Why not run a three way? You could run a LPF on the midbass, then run HPF on the 80PRS to the comp set, which would then be passively crossed between mid/tweet. T/A wouldn't be a big deal since you plan on putting them both in the A pillar. You would probably want to choose a midbass that was better suited to midbass duties though, PA mids generally don't play super low that well. There's some efficient midbasses out there that would be better suited IMO.

To me, you didn't need those tweets down low anyway, and this would solve the comp set amp problem too. This is definitely what I would do man. Talk it over with your guy though, see what he thinks.

I deleted my reply somehow damn. I was just going to edit. Anyway, I've talked it over with my guy and Roger himself. Roger said his doors in his personal ride would surprise you what comes out of them.

If I can't get it dialed in, I'll opt for a normal comp set and still try to get the A pillars dialed. I'm not going to be shy to test, test, test and sink hours into tuning, I enjoy it. My sub stage should pick up a, good amount of slack as well and hopefully give me a useable cutoff to match the mids.

Where you plan on crossing the subs?

I'd put the comp set in regardless, because you can always use those mounting baffles for a 3 way set if you decide to go that way. Could do a passive 3 way, or do the active/passive deal the way I explained last post. Remember man, half the battle is placement/aiming, so A pillar for both drivers might not be your ideal placement. Long speaker wire and double sided tape goes a long way.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I really thank you for the critical thinking, I value it. NOTHING will be permanent until testing is done to see if the desired outcome is possible. Midrange and tweet being close on the A pillar is something I believe will work well. If need be, I'll get a 3 way passive Xover built. I don't have the extra channel for a 3 way setup at this time. As far as a normal 3 way active setup, a local guy with the same truck has mid and tweet in the A pillar in much the same way I plan on doing mine.

I realize the placement will be key. That's where I'm going to start. I'M not a PA guy by any means, the idea is for a little extra oomph to keep up with 150+. With some EQing I believe this pro mid could do the job and get loud and clean. The guy that will be helping is running Fosgate Pro 8" with silk tweets and it sounds damn solid. Like I said, if the pro 8 isn't going to work out, I can definitely do the 6.5" mid from the comp set. These Pros are cheap and I won't be out much cash for testing.

And about crossing the subs, the enclosure will be doing the work as far as the xover. It's a bandpass 4th, so rolloff should be 12 db/octave. I'll be tuned high 40s, so I'd hope for near a 100 Hz(ish) rolloff with enclosure tweaking. This is the type of testing I plan to have with the IM-SG helping me out finding ideal sealed and ported.

Got another amp so I can run fully run active if I desire. I wish it was the SAX50.4 but it's hard to come by :(

It is BNIB though ;)

20140928_215258.jpg

Also got a birfday present my wonderful girlfriend:

20140929_214643_1.jpg

20140929_214631.jpg

Gun is a Devilbiss and super nice. Or will be used to repaint the entire truck this year. It will shoot everything from stain to basecoat/clearcoat and even waterborne with different cup(plastic).

make sure you get good at painting your truck so your ready to do mine :)

I know it's been awhile since any enclosure talk, but I believe this is the design I've settled on. I'm contemplating doing 1" acrylic on the rear(sealed side) edge lit with LEDs but I'm not sure I want to cough up the cash for that piece of clear gold. I chose the sealed shape since triangles are strong, plus I like the aesthetics.

Pics of what I'd like to come up with:

Crossfireblowthrough2.png

Crossfireblowthrough3.png

TUNED IN!!!

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Archived