Hmph....Did not know they considered those age groups as the body styles

Your truck and mine? 99-06 is the generation that you and I own. Smoove has the previous bodystyle which was 88-98. My dash, doors, etc are all same exact parts that your truck has.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

OH, that guy. haven't seen him out in a while.

1000 replies to this thread. Is it a build log or a chat room :bow28:

What up man, ya I have a new build going under way...I am also banned from AZ SPL, (wish I knew why) so ya I'm out of the local scene . I'm not loud anyways so I don't care

I dont know anything about you being banned on the FB page. But doesn't mean you can't come out to the bassmeets. We are doing wednesday night meets now.

I would like to make it up again.. maybe i'll have the balls to meter so I can get my 100db to show on the TL this time. Well, that and I was in a hurry last time.

I would at least try to clean it..lol

I will try to clean it for sure. My OCD will not allow me to ledger glue in the pot between uses like Mark does. Still though, $13 for a gun is crazy cheap.

The cool thing is, I could shoot oil based painted through it, like Rustoleum. I am curious to see what that finish would look like

Some advice from a guy that sprayed houses- if you're going to spray oil based make sure you build a booth of sorts and absolutely don't do it outside especially on a windy day or you'll have neighbors mad as hell, that stuff stays wet for a while and will travel in the air way farther than you'd think.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I never spray outside, as dusty as it is in AZ, it's impossible. I was going to try some of that oil based stuff through the gun because I've been really happy with the roll on oil paint on MDF. It seems to cover much better and have a good gloss to it from what I've noticed.

It's how we used to do interior trim, comes out like a piano finish.

Only downside is you have to tape off and cover everything or its going to be everywhere which is why I suggested to make a mini booth or something with some plastic.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

We used an airless sprayer though so you might not get the same results.

It's how we used to do interior trim, comes out like a piano finish.

Only downside is you have to tape off and cover everything or its going to be everywhere which is why I suggested to make a mini booth or something with some plastic.

Definitely good advice man, thank you. Plastic paint both it is. I don't have any immediate need to shoot any oil base ash this time but I'll try it later for fun. Piano gloss black would be a badass finish.

Archived