Did you test with shrinking?

With meter i mean?

I did test and no loss on the meter. Still peaking at 31 Hz. The benefit that I picked up with the shrink was that I'm now safe on 50/50 on the volume knob without the unloading that was happening. It was just on test tones and never music, but I still needed to prepare for the increase in power. The GREAT thing is, I lost NO bandwidth or authority to play low. It still hits 28-30 and up with nuts.

So I have a gaping hole around my port right now and the port is shoved too far back into the bed(needs to come more into the cabin). Next up on the list is to seal that gap up, because I'm sure it's responsible for lost pressure. I'm also going to start the bracing up the back of the cabin and have some design tricks there. Next up will be actually shortening of the port and 45s in the ported section.

Gains are on the way. I still need to get the Singer in(I know, I know) and some more front to rear runs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So I have a gaping hole around my port right now

WTF is Maiko doing by your port?!?!

But on the real.. Im happy your shrinking didnt hurt you at all.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Freaking badass my man. Worth the wait.

Than you for the motivation. I'm happy with it so far. The road to 150 is here and I think it will be a short one ;)

A short one? Bitch you started this build in 1986 and you're still not done!! GET THIS BITCH DONE!! LMAO!!

Stain looks just I don't know what, unbelievable. So well done man! Let's see the rest of it, and get that 50 already!! :drink40:

• 4 weeks later...

Did you test with shrinking?

With meter i mean?

I did test and no loss on the meter. Still peaking at 31 Hz. The benefit that I picked up with the shrink was that I'm now safe on 50/50 on the volume knob without the unloading that was happening. It was just on test tones and never music, but I still needed to prepare for the increase in power. The GREAT thing is, I lost NO bandwidth or authority to play low. It still hits 28-30 and up with nuts.

So I have a gaping hole around my port right now and the port is shoved too far back into the bed(needs to come more into the cabin). Next up on the list is to seal that gap up, because I'm sure it's responsible for lost pressure. I'm also going to start the bracing up the back of the cabin and have some design tricks there. Next up will be actually shortening of the port and 45s in the ported section.

Gains are on the way. I still need to get the Singer in(I know, I know) and some more front to rear runs.

Good to hear you got rid of the unloading.

I thought you had that alt ready to go :(

Updates? I'll bump this thread in a day or two with work done. I plan on doing some work with my 5 days off.

I'll be getting another HO alt soon and will put both HO alts on at the same time. I'll go from 145A of charging to 575A overnight.

Enclosure mods are on the way, and the back of cab bracing as well, finally!

Oh, I haven't told many, but I've broken my dash from flex already and I'm embarrassed to admit it since I'm NOT loud yet :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'll be getting another HO alt soon and will put both HO alts on at the same time. I'll go from 145A of charging to 575A overnight.

Damn you. you just had to out do me by 5amps. I'm going from 200a to 570. HOW RUDE!!!!

Archived