Want some "hidden" areas in my house. What have you seen?

A friend of mine had a bookshelf that was a door to his computer room.

It wasn't exactly secret society shit but still pretty cool.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Kyle the wildest shit I have ever seen was when I was in a customer's house years ago installing some custom garage doors after we were done we stepped inside so he could pay us and he said he overheard my friend and I talking about guns and shit... He was like check this out ... We go in his living room and he flips a lightswitch and his staircase raised up to reveal a room below... The staircase was functional to as the main stairs to go to the upper level... Was the craziest shit i had ever seen he had more money than he knew what to do with though which explains why he put 4500 dollar wooden garage doors on his house lol

Would be awesome. Like Billiam said above, if i could build my own house, to begin with, Id pay someone to design some neat shit. Come up with neat ideas and such. But, that isnt happening for some time. Our 5 year plan, is taking 20. lol... And ill never have "that kind" of money. :shrug:

Anyway, we are even lookin at furniture with hidden compartments. Due to the fact im on my ass 90% of the time while home. If something was to happen, its a perty good chance id be sitting on my ass.

Yes, the thing I posted was only a closet, I don't think there's even a way to close it from inside. I don't think it was to stash guns or safes as much as it was a place to hide for whatever reason BUT again just a closest.

I just thought it was neat and worth sharing AND gave some ideas on things to do, hinges, places, ideas, etc. etc.

I always think of that scene from I think it was Younf Frankenstien where the fireplac eor bookshelf revovles around to a hidden room, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

If you have any walk in closets its not too terribly hard to build a false wall and have yourself some deadspace in the back of a closet. I hope one day I can build a house and my plan is to stop construction with the exterior 100% and then finish most of the inside myself for these very reasons.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• 1 month later...

Kyle, saw this and thought of you.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/concealment-bench/prod11580798.ip?origin=item_page.rr1&campaign=rr&sn=ClickCP&campaign_data=prod1230162

Hidden in plain sight type of deal. Blow the pics up to see all of them.

Well shit?! We have a SAMs card. You know, for those times you need that 55 gallon mayonase.

Man, for a bit over a hundred bones, that, is worth a look. Nice find !

Ill go check it out, and let ya know. Do the same if you do please, let me know what ya chink ......

Some of these look nice, but I'm a bigger fan of efficiency and accessibility. My brother and I was just talking about this over the weekend how our home is not prepared in the case of a bad situation and it was time to prepare. One of my mottos is, "you don't plan on failing, you just fail to plan."

So one of the places we looked at was custom mounting our large case to the bottom of our 96" Ikea couch (we have two in our downstairs living room) to where simply flipping our couch over would be easy to do as the couch is low to the ground and and lightweight. The case would house some of our AR500 armor and a good amount of quick grab melee weapons and assault rifles. I don't like the mirror...it doesn't sit as flush as I'd like. It actually looks like something that is meant to open.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived