TzA Posted February 24, 2014 Report Posted February 24, 2014 I bought a box online (yes prefab, double baffle and supposedly 4.0 cuft tuned to 32hz). Crunch GP3000d Pro running with the subwoofers wired to 1ohm (about 1.8ohm with box rise). They sound pretty loud, but at around 30-34hz it just sounds hollow. Everything is flexing like crazy, but it just sounds hollow. at anything below 30hz is loud and anything above 34 hz is loud. but not at 30-34hz. Could the flexing of the vehicle make the difference? if it would, you would think that below 30hz would be less noise... Any thoughts? Setup: Clarion CX-501 2 12" Skar VVXv2 Crunch GP3000d Pro stock alt/batt big 3 with 0/1 gauge 0/1 runs for power/ground wire 8 gauge speaker wire. 4.0 cu. ft. box @ 32hz. I can post some pictures, but I have no idea how to. I am very computer literate, but this feature seems to be eluding me. PS, so far my single AQ HDC3-12 was louder in my ext Cab Dodge Dakota... F O.
jarrius Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Imo build a custom box so you know its the right size and right tuning. Or post specs so box people can tell you if its wrong. Now the amp... Imo return that pos and get a decent 2k or 3k. I really don't think it will do good clean power and it wont last long. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
soundstream15 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 I had same amp, the crunch is a little power hungry so you should get a 2nd battery or even upgrade your alt. Could be the subs or it's the box, hard to say
TzA Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 Imo build a custom box so you know its the right size and right tuning. Or post specs so box people can tell you if its wrong. Now the amp... Imo return that pos and get a decent 2k or 3k. I really don't think it will do good clean power and it wont last long. while i wouldnt suggest Crunch to anyone. the GP3000d Pro has proven to be a beast and give TRUE watts. Do a tad research on it and you will see (http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27797.html has a small article about the clamp results). I've had the amp for 6 years now, it ran my HDC3-12 D2 aluminum coils version perfect! Loud as hell and clean power. It is power hungry - however, it's pumping out an easy 1500 wrms to these speakers, so I only wonder why the lack of audible SPL around the 30-34 Hz range. I am thinking the box as well - maybe the direction it is pointing? As of right now, it is subs up port up. F O.
Chris Hammer Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Sometimes box tuning in specific vehicles can be a bitch. I know no matter what I did in my truck (small builds) I always peaked about 40hz...even with a tline tuned to high 20's. You should take the subs out of the box and measure it for us. Outside dimesnions, wood thickness, port size (width and height), then the length of the port, someone here could tell you what it is really tuned to. Might be the problem. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Dwn4BassAlan Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 resonance? Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Joe X Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 Imo build a custom box so you know its the right size and right tuning. Or post specs so box people can tell you if its wrong. Now the amp... Imo return that pos and get a decent 2k or 3k. I really don't think it will do good clean power and it wont last long. while i wouldnt suggest Crunch to anyone. the GP3000d Pro has proven to be a beast and give TRUE watts. Do a tad research on it and you will see (http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27797.html has a small article about the clamp results). I've had the amp for 6 years now, it ran my HDC3-12 D2 aluminum coils version perfect! Loud as hell and clean power. It is power hungry - however, it's pumping out an easy 1500 wrms to these speakers, so I only wonder why the lack of audible SPL around the 30-34 Hz range. I am thinking the box as well - maybe the direction it is pointing? As of right now, it is subs up port up. OP the amp is not likely to be causing this problem unless your settings are messed up, in the HU also but it's more likely to be the enclosure, to post pics on here check out this tutorial: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160056-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum-photobucket/ As said get all the dimensions of the box including the port.
TzA Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 Well I messed with the position of the box. That did not make much of a difference, so far it is sounding best the way that it is. Right now (on my phone) I have pictures of the completed install, but nothing inside the box and I did request a specification sheet from the manufacture of the box but they were no help. I will take the subs out this weekend and get some accurate measurements. http://s273.photobucket.com/user/tyanders36/library/Mobile%20Uploads F O.
TzA Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 resonance? I was thinking this... But I guess I do not know how to disprove this without installing into a vehicle where the root is more sturdy? You think putting some temporary braces (like PVC pipe) from the ground of the vehicle and wedge them in as to put pressure on the roof to make it not flex as much would be a good thing to try? I guess it wouldn't hurt anything.. F O.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.