Sundown Audio

At least 2400 RMS amp for pair of HDS3 15's, suggestions?

G-Rad

Sq 2200

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

If you want to go new I'd definitely look at the Hifonics. I've had great luck with my GLX2200.1d. Additionally I've been seeing used Alpine MRP-1000 for about $130 each on ebay. 2000 good watts for $260. I just sold my roommate an Exile 2400.1 and he's on the waiting list for 2 HDS315 for his Crown Vic. I don't think you should downgrade to the 200 series. The 300 is just so much better on paper and not that much more expensive. Also, the new Hifonics X2600 looks promising. Right around $300 for 2600rms and a two year warranty. Clean looking amp too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an option, do not hate or bash on me. But i am running a apsm1500 on my hds3 15. And it is nasty. Amp is only $125 shipped. Call me what you will but audiopipe is not terrible. Still better the PA and boss.

Just an option, do not hate or bash on me. But i am running a apsm1500 on my hds3 15. And it is nasty. Amp is only $125 shipped. Call me what you will but audiopipe is not terrible. Still better the PA and boss.

it is terrible. there is no if ands or buts about it, sorry.

soundqubed 2200

crescendo 2000

OP we dont even know which coil option you bought for those woofers, so we dont know what you plan on wiring down to. this makes a big difference.

AP is terrible. $125 isn't getting you 1500 watts. You'd be lucky MAYBE to get 1,000 clean out of it. Why buy a cheap amp that's going to be dirty AF and clip the shit out of a really good woofer until it's dead?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived