Second Skin Audio

What could I expect from this?

SWGAaudio

So I have 2 Sundown SA-8's powered by a CT Sounds 900.1d. I'm planning on putting them in a 1:1 4th order tuned to about 40hz. I was going to put the subs on one side and the port on the other, throw it in the bed, and cut a blow through into the cab of my 1990 standard cab toyota pickup. I got 2 different audio shop owners helping me so i know it will be done good, my question is how well do you think it will sound overall? And do you think it would be enough to compete in anything whatsoever? And another question, how well will the sa-8s respond to frequencies around 20-30hz?

Bass race? Hard for someone to say. Its 2-8s just don't expect to much you know.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

You will just have to wait and see what happens. Build and hope for the best.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

So I have 2 Sundown SA-8's powered by a CT Sounds 900.1d. I'm planning on putting them in a 1:1 4th order tuned to about 40hz. I was going to put the subs on one side and the port on the other, throw it in the bed, and cut a blow through into the cab of my 1990 standard cab toyota pickup. I got 2 different audio shop owners helping me so i know it will be done good, my question is how well do you think it will sound overall? And do you think it would be enough to compete in anything whatsoever? And another question, how well will the sa-8s respond to frequencies around 20-30hz?

I made a box for 2 sa8s in my friends 2013 Titan with a SQ1200 amp. They pound for being so small with a tiny box. Yes they work on the lows but you have to remember they are only 8s and have little cone area. They are awesome little subs you will love them.

Sure you can model the freq response but I've its on a vehicle it will change.

Build and hope for the best.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Sure you can model the freq response but I've its on a vehicle it will change.

Build and hope for the best.

That's why you take cabin gain into account, or as a rough estimate you should know that the lows will be boosted a lot.

To see how the subwoofers behave around 20-30Hz you'll have to model it, eventhough he'll find out it's all box dependant,

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived