When i run into problems i cant figure out i uninstall everything and re install fresh.

Or you can keep trouble shooting. Take amp out put on power supply to test.

Check all connections for anything loose or bad corroded dirty spots. ( You did grind off the paint on your grounds) Im hoping.

Check voltages at Alt, batteries, and back at amp. So much you can do

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

voltage is good all the way around now. amp never falls below 13.5v. also amp is grounded to the rear batts and they are grounded to the alt case. cant get a better ground than that. another weird thing. It seems like only high toned bass kicks it off. If the song only plays sub-sonic tones, I can turn it up all the way with no issues. any time it goes above 35 hertz it kicks off. weird

Start from the end and work your way back. Find a song that shuts the subs down every time. Hook up a dmm to your sub out to your subs. Play the song See if power drops to your subs. If yes move to power into your amp. And so on.

took my subs out to inspect them. found nothing. coils look new. no discolaration. or deformation. hooked them up to my pioneer home stereo at a 4ohm load. 175watts. free aired them at 20hz and then up, no odd sounds . amp never kicked off. leads me to believe it IS my amp in the car. So i put them back in the box and back in the car. only thing i did different was put the subs in the box rotated a quarter turn. so now the xxx logo is side ways when looking at them. Any how. now i can play louder than before. it makes no sense. now the amp wants to kick off around 70% power. where before it was around 50% power. weird stuff. Still wanting to get my amp checked. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

problem finally solved. turns out one sub had a bad or shorted coil. amp was inspected. nothing was wrong. took my spare sub out and swaped it with one in the car to find the problem. Did a Ohm check on the sub. It was 4.5 Ohm in series. when i bought it it was at 4.2 Ohm in series. So it was one sub shutting the amp off. Everything is back to good...for now..lol

Woofers Etc is a internet authorized dealer that should be able to get ya what ya want. there's a couple more authorized dealers out there too!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Man that sounded like some bad luck al around but glad you got it figured out and glad everything is back working for you again!

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Archived