Epic Backpack Speaker Build

So a friend of mine is wanting to build a legit backpack speaker system with a couple other things added to it as well (loudspeaker, train horn, siren)

The purpose of this set up is for giant airsoft games that he participates in and just to build one because we can. We have all the speakers and amps picked out but we are trying to determine what battery and how many to go with to make it last at least for a couple hours before needing to be thrown on the charger. The total wattage is 1160w (peak) and the RMS will be about 600w. We are running 6 6x9 speakers and a 12in sub a mono block and a 2 channel amp. We have been looking at XS Power batteries but can't figure out which ones we want exactly.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

I want to see this backpack!

I have a funny feeling there is no way this thing will ever get on anyones back with just the speakers and amps alone let alone slinging in some batteries.

Best thing is to start small and see what it takes to power that with, and ramp it up a small amount at a time till you get to the point of it being to cumbersome to lug around.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

In a backpack that you will carry around? Lose the sub and mono amp. Not enough room for a box so its just wastes space and weight. Instead of 6x9s I would get like some 8inch pro style speakers. Like the sundown neo pro 8 and some super tweeters. Run a nice 2 channel on a kinetik hc600 or the equivalent xs battery.

Edit: 6x9s might be easier to put in. That might be a better idea. Parts express has some t3 audio 6x9s on closeout. Pretty good.

Yeah this has train wreck written all over it.

1 that's gonna need to be a big bag

2 I'm guessing you've never carried a big heavy pack with 60 plus lbs in it. You don't carry it as much as it pushes you.

3 playtime will be absolutely minimal

4 did I mention it's heavy

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is why I posted here before we started buying! Thanks guys. The backpack is also going to be a military surplus hiking style with a metal frame to build off of. I'll do some looking around for 8in speakers vs the 6x9's.

Thanks again for the advice!

If you really want to go through with this you can get surplus marine corps ilbe packs on ebay that are enormous. You'll need to make sure it comes with the waist belt and cover for it though. If you don't have the waist belt it gets heavy really really fast

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you really want to go through with this you can get surplus marine corps ilbe packs on ebay that are enormous. You'll need to make sure it comes with the waist belt and cover for it though. If you don't have the waist belt it gets heavy really really fast

That is the style we have picked out for the build. Friend is a welder by trade so making the frame and all that to mount the equipment won't be a problem and the just cover it in fabric. We have our plans laid out to R&D this until the end of April and if we have it looking good we will build it in May.

Train horns are air powered. now you're talking compressor, tank, valves, air lines, and the horns.....I am sure a small compressor would kill the battery fast. You could look into the RF PBR300X2 for an amp. Get a DSP and plug an ipod, tablet, phone or whatever source to eliminate the need for a HU. Maybe get an XP750 battery...only 14.5 lbs. This is still going to be a 35 lb pack minimum. Just throwing you out some ideas......

Archived