2 runs of 4ga ofc instead of 1 run of 0ga

Most off 0guage I've seen is 250-300 amp rater and 4guage 150-200. So lets say 275 for single 0gauge run and 175/4 gauge 2 4gauge runs being 350amps.

the 4 gauge will work fine.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

then tell us exactly............

Kirill is MUCH more qualified to answer your question than I am. You made a generalization about what a certain gauge wire could carry, without taking into consideration the length of the run.

I would certainly NOT try to push 350A of current through a 50+ ft run of 1/0 gauge OFC. On the other end of the token, I'd have no problem running 200+ amps through a 5 ft run of 4 gauge OFC wire. Length of the run really helps determine what gauge wire should be run, and quality of that wire. Stinger HPM is one of the nicer wires I've ever seen.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

then tell us exactly............

Kirill is MUCH more qualified to answer your question than I am. You made a generalization about what a certain gauge wire could carry, without taking into consideration the length of the run.

I would certainly NOT try to push 350A of current through a 50+ ft run of 1/0 gauge OFC. On the other end of the token, I'd have no problem running 200+ amps through a 5 ft run of 4 gauge OFC wire. Length of the run really helps determine what gauge wire should be run, and quality of that wire. Stinger HPM is one of the nicer wires I've ever seen.

op said 17ft

He edited 17ft. It wasn't there to begin with and I didn't see it after his edit. That was my bad, sorry.

The 2400 Watt amp he's got isn't going to pull any 350A, that's for sure. The dual 4 gauge runs will definitely handle the job he needs done.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm not sure where the 350 amps came from but a typicaltrue 1/0 gauge is usually rated at 300 amps. I realize that sky high and knu etc are doing the oversized wire but it's not a true 1/0Awg either.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So I have a question, if 1/0 is rated at 300 amps for 20` then what is it rated at when it is a 10` run?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived