JakeBoucher Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 My neighbor is looking for a sub to put in her Kia Soul. I have a small alpine amp(150 wrms) and a custom ported box for a 10. Need a good bang for your buck for around $50-100 Looking for about 100-250 wrms. Did some researchof my own, but I only have personal experiance with one 10. Im curious what others have to say about 10s they have heard or owned. Thanks "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
BoomZoom808 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Infinity reference 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
SnowDrifter Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 To be honest most any sub at that price point will be about the same. Grab the one that looks the coolest lol ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
BoomZoom808 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 To be honest most any sub at that price point will be about the same. Grab the one that looks the coolest lol SMH really from you! lol jk 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Krakin Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 A little over the $60, but I would go with this one. http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dcs255-4-10-classic-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-202 Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
JakeBoucher Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 Thanks everyone Ill give them a look. "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
iwannabeloud Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 $79 http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS210_p_219.html I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
bighossf150 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 if it was me id get an alpine type e Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
john253a Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Second it http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS210_p_219.html
gr8handogoatness Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Any of the woofers in that range will be similar. Rockford, mtx, pioneer, jbl, infinity, alpine. None are great but not terrible for what they are. I wouldn't get boss or Pyle or anything just because.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.