Real96SS Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 As the title says I need help designing a 6th order for a van. I checked online and searched but no hard facts really and not enough details to start wasting wood. I'm wondering about cuft and sqin for the port. Is it true that the front should be 1 octave off from the rear chamber? What about the 4-8sqin of port for the rear and 18-22 for the front? Do I stick to the manufacture specs for the cuft portion? Hopefully someone with some good firsthand knowledge will chime in. Thanks Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Smurfboy Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 You got an Astro Van? Lucky, man. That's my big dream of owning it one day, lol. You got picture of it, by the way?
Real96SS Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 Yeah I finally found one. I'm at work right now and can't post a picture but it's one in my Avalanche build log on the last page. I have found more info about 6th orders today from someone that's been running one for awhile. So I at least have some info now. Hopefully others will chime in with some info also Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
timc31610 Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Isn't the Sundown demo van thing a 6th order? I also just read your Avy build, Bad ASS man! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Kyblack76 Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 fuck... id talk to justin or mike or the others.. my dream is 6 18's in a 6th...... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Shit, wish I had some knowledge to kick which I don't, but I sure as hell am going to follow this closely. Do you have a goal for the timeframe of the build it's self, once you get your design done? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
ToNasty Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Isn't the Sundown demo van thing a 6th order? I also just read your Avy build, Bad ASS man! no its a 4th order, 2 zv3 18s on 2 ns1 ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
mrd6 Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 I have some experience, let me get to a computer and not my phone and ill try to help out a bit... My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Real96SS Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 Shit, wish I had some knowledge to kick which I don't, but I sure as hell am going to follow this closely. Do you have a goal for the timeframe of the build it's self, once you get your design done? No timeframe.Going to take my time as Im still trying to get the Avy done. I have some experience, let me get to a computer and not my phone and ill try to help out a bit... Well post up any info you might have. Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Real96SS Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 This is the van. Its a 1990 Astro Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.