Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

PWK box designs....anyone still use him?


jroo

Recommended Posts

Posted

yea my experience was the same.. asked for a 4th order design, i pay up, dude comes up with a regular ported box... we go back and forth. Pete just says ported box is best for application and call it quits. probably wont ever pay for a design period.

to his defense he built you the correct box.. a regular ported box is a 4th order.. people keep getting this wrong.. what you wanted was a 4th order bandpass

Posted

sorry for got to add band-pass... but he knew what i wanted. we were conversation about 4th orders and 6th orders, thats when he said he coulnt tell which box would work best for my application till he simulated seald, ported, 4th 6th,8th bandpass horns and more shit. but out of all he picked out a ported box.

Posted

sorry for got to add band-pass... but he knew what i wanted. we were conversation about 4th orders and 6th orders, thats when he said he coulnt tell which box would work best for my application till he simulated seald, ported, 4th 6th,8th bandpass horns and more shit. but out of all he picked out a ported box.

he said the same thing to me. he said he need to check if the sp4 would work on a bandpass.. i deleted the email and never replied

Posted

Not defending him.. Your right. But the exclusive vs the actual wording... Exclusively... Has a big difference in meaning. One means he is the only one that uses it... The other means your box only needs 90 deg and 45deg angle. So if you can cut a 45deg and a 90deg, then by that statement you could build the box.

My interpretation.

Some of his horn designs use some crazy angles for certain pieces. Ill post my design here tomorrow. Im tired.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Now I did buy a used treo sub off a pwk forum member I told him I wanted the horn design that he had. it did sound good.

And how does Pete do 64" wide on your blueprints knowing you have to give "max" dimensions..

Posted

How does he design a wall and forget that it'll take up cabin space to do so?

edit:

Most of the questions I had for pete started with "Why" but of course there is no answer.

I honestly think he's reached a point where he doesn't care.

Reminds me of an alt guy that started out well, but eventually took on more than a reasonable solo workload and people started getting pissed off.

Posted

How does he design a wall and forget that it'll take up cabin space to do so?

because he's too preoccupied using at least four gigantic words per sentence to make himself seem smart.

Posted

I got a design from him several years ago. It worked and worked well, however I did some research after the fact and watched some of his videos where he was saying he doesn't subscribe to the cookie cutter approach, meaning a 4th order bandpass will give you result x or a transmission line will give you result y. He supposedly designs an enclosure for the woofer going in it and the vehicle it is going in. Well if that's true then why in the fuck did my blueprints match the box you have in your workblog for a DD3515 going in a Suburban when I paid for blueprints for a DD9515 going in a Honda Civic. Yet you don't subscribe to the cookie cutter approach. Looks like the same shit to me, lol. It opened my eyes to the fact he is full of shit.

Posted

How does he design a wall and forget that it'll take up cabin space to do so?

edit:

Most of the questions I had for pete started with "Why" but of course there is no answer.

I honestly think he's reached a point where he doesn't care.

Reminds me of an alt guy that started out well, but eventually took on more than a reasonable solo workload and people started getting pissed off.

Pwk and tenney bashing in the same sentence makes me happy in the pants.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

I got a design from him a long time ago for my btl ufo 18. Took him 2 month's and in that time I designed a simple ported box while I waited for his deign. He sent me some crazy 6th order, I built it and it could only play 20-30hz. I told Pete his box sounded like shit and he said it was the install. My ported box went back in.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4700 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...