Jump to content

cop car audio enforcers in your area


Recommended Posts

Posted

I got a citation for a noise violation in Raleigh NC. I got a lawyer and ended up with a misdemeanor on my record.

How do you go from a citation for a ordinance violation to a misdemeanor? What does the disposition paperwork from the court say your sentence was?

I really have no idea . I just found out recently that it was on my record as a misdemeanor. I also had to do 8 hours of community service.

Posted

I got a citation for a noise violation in Raleigh NC. I got a lawyer and ended up with a misdemeanor on my record.

How do you go from a citation for a ordinance violation to a misdemeanor? What does the disposition paperwork from the court say your sentence was?

I really have no idea . I just found out recently that it was on my record as a misdemeanor. I also had to do 8 hours of community service.
wow that just blows
Posted

im in an area where 2 cops got shot for checking on someone who was sitting in front of a grocery store. the police in my town are so scared when they pull someone over, most of the time when they come up to your window they have their gun half way out of the holster by the time they get to the window. its bullshit.

Where do you live?

kansas. i literally lived 2 blocks away from that grocery store when that happned. i was gettin down on some call of duty when it happned, and all of a sudden every cop in town was there. i didnt know anything was wrong till i heard the police helicopter flying around. then i found out what happned.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Posted

I think if the law is written as cannot exceed 130 decibels at 50 feet away (just an example with random numbers) the police officer should have to prove with a decibel meter at whatever specified distance that the specified decibels were exceeded.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Posted

I think if the law is written as cannot exceed 130 decibels at 50 feet away (just an example with random numbers) the police officer should have to prove with a decibel meter at whatever specified distance that the specified decibels were exceeded.

I agree but rules only apply to certain people and we will never win this battle.

Moral of the story is don't be stupid with the volume knob

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

There is no meter than can pinpoint and measure the sound coming from one particular place without introducing other external audio that would give way to a defense attorney arguing that these external factors caused the over the limit reading. In turn radar can pinpoint the speed of a particular object.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

130 at 50 feet is loud as fuck considering that the current park and pound record is like 138.9.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

in my town there is a sound ordinance but its only during 10 pm to 9 am but besides that the police wont pull you over for it

Posted

Where I work in va I was told it's like 90bd. Needless to say I don't bump in Tyson's corner lol

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

There is no meter than can pinpoint and measure the sound coming from one particular place without introducing other external audio that would give way to a defense attorney arguing that these external factors caused the over the limit reading. In turn radar can pinpoint the speed of a particular object.

Very true. I just thought in order to be found guilty of a crime it had to be beyond all reasonable doubt and if its up to the opinion of the officer that leaves doubt in my mind if it was in fact loud enough to really break the law. It's too subjective.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3276 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...