Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

This industry frustrates me more then any other hobby I am into. The sheer lack of knowledge form "professional retail shops" ( and i use that term loosely ) is absolutely ridiculous. I know I am likely to pay more walking into a store then online. I am ( for the most part ) okay with that. When I want something, I want it now. I do however have a HUGE issue explaining why I want what I want VS what some pimple faced kid is programmed to sell. I am all for professional advise, but when it has no merit or weight to the substance, or if my experience is ignored on the sales floor, I will walk right on out and spend money online, wait, and enjoy the experience of NOT dealing with a don't know. My other issue is when a salesman tries to reel in the whale. Why ANYONE these days actually think I can not google the MAP or retail price of something while they are trying to sell me it for double is mind blowing. Do not come at me and say something is this crazy X amount when clearly even the manufactures site says its half that.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

First time I went in to a shop I talked with a worker there and almost every answer started with "well umm" with an uncertainty in his voice then some line of what sounded like bs. I knew nothing about car audio just that I wanted to be loud. Still walked out with nothing because I didn't feel like they knew what they were doing. A friend pointed me in the direction of the same shop but a certain person to talk to. Gave the guy a chance. Told him what I want and my price range. He laughed said it ain't happening. I was about to leave when he said but, I can get you this for $50 more then if you can save up x amount more you can upgrade the amp and I'll take the amp you get now back with a full refund as long as there is now damage to it. Walked out with 2 t1 10s in a free box with a p500.1 for under $700. Sold me a Rockford 4guage amp install kit for the 8guage price because he knew I wanted more and that I was coming back for more. Got a call a few weeks later and he told me he found a t300.2 brand new in the box in their back room he was reorganizing sold it to me for 200 and my friend wanted the 500.1. He baught it off me for what I paid for it. He is the same guy that sold be my t2d412s, t2d415s, t1500.1bdcp, tons of wiring, and a autostart with free install. Everything has always been 40-60% off msrp except the auto start since it was free install and free module for trunk release I paid full price. Benefit on that was the install because that's something I had no idea how to do.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Same as all you most stores around me don't know there ass from a hole in the ground and try to sell you shit. I do give them a chance tho but 9 times out of 10 it goes south. I need a tune bad. I called a shop that I know has a dd-1 but there "audio guy" does not know how to use it. I offered to teach him but no go they only do by ear now

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

price mainly for me. but a huge second is if i can get it cheaper without having to take time to drive to the store in rush hour after work that saves me a ton of time and money. and frustration.

online for the win.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Most of the local shops around here kinda suck. i still use them to pick up most of my odds and ends though. its definitely cheaper to buy online however i love the fact that i have the local shiops around and would like them to stay so i do my best to support them when i can.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Another side that hasnt been mentioned yet is smart phones. With the online market, customers are now able to shop and buy from anywhere using their iPhone or other smartphone. The ease of access to the internet makes buying online much easier and faster.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents since it didn't really fit into the poll: The underlying reason I buy online is due to the customer service at my local B&M's. Between me and my friends, I've seen all manner of completely jacked up installs (HU's duck taped in place, completely inadequate grounding for amps, woefully undersized power and ground wire based on power draw, general piss poor crimping technique and completely lack of soldering) and got sick of pushy salespeople trying to push what they have in stock and crapping on anything you want that they don't have.

Had a friend go to a local B&M looking for JL products. They tried to steer him towards some crap none of us ever heard of saying "it's just as good, but 1/3 the price". They told him with a straight face JL made crappy amps/subs, and that was when he did an about face and left; they were obviously trying to hose him.

I went to several B&M's because I wanted to actually listen to the components before ordering them. Again, had a pushy salesman try to steer me out of what I was listening to (and really liked) towards something 4X as pricey that I explicitly told him was outside of my price range. I left, and ordered the speakers online.

Had another friend of mine pass my offer to help him install his speakers and HU, went to a big box store instead. He called me a half hour after he left the store cause his HU popped out of the dash, was literally DUCT TAPED into the mount. Tech apparently stripped all the screw holes out of the plastic (not sure if Metra or Scosche) single din kit, and didn't want to eat the cost. Also found the speakers in his rear deck only secured by one screw each cause the other holes in the speaker basket didn't line up with the factory holes.

I know all of the above isn't typical, but that's why I never step foot in a B&M. There are really honest, good guys working at some, and lots of dipshits that want your money and won't do the work properly. In my area, it's more of the latter. At least if I do the install, I know who's butt to chew if it isn't right.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I pretty much order solely online because the closest audio shop is about an hour away and I am not really sure what all they carry. I will probably continue to deal online unless a shop opened up closer to me but honestly I wouldn't mind wasting the quarter tank of gas if I knew the shop carried what I was looking for and had a good price on it. It honestly kinda makes me want to try to open a shop in my home town

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived