Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

5. Have the right tools to make sure the stereo equipment will last. Correctly set gains, filters, and explain the benifit but risk of boosted music/boost settings on head units.

The shops here claim that they can set gains by ear and don't even need o-scopes. I said, well when you start blowing stuff call me and I'll teach you how to set gains.

that is 90% of all shops. There is a shop near me that said they love using the smd tools though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

convenience is my biggest deal... i love spending money ordering things i guess i turn it into a game like i have to torture myself for spending money therefore i have to wait to get something rather than just go to the store and buy it depending on the product and my mood at the time i might go to the store for something but im still more likely to buy online

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I have a shop in my town and they don't carry SHIT........ The closet shop otherwise is over an hour away and they carry limited good stuff. Do why even drive over there if I know he won't have want I want.

Local shop deal list:

Alpine(decks(Only the lower end, up to the 152, speakers, 500w rms or less amps)

JVC

Kenwood

Rockford.... Well sort of, he carries prime up to the 750.1 in amps and speakers. That's it, he will order the punch, but the price is above MSRP. Meaning, above what Rockford says on their website.

Boss.

Fusion

American bass.. Until to the TNT in subs, and only the SQ amps.

Mmats. I like mmats, but I can't afford it.

One pair of Focal entry level components.

They do not deal in any batteries, he will tell you to order the battery online. And every time he recommends Kinetik.

That is about it... And to top it off, $8.99 a foot for CCA 1/0....................................................................

Local just over an hour drive.

Mmats much better pricing than the local local guy. But still to rich for my blood.

Alpine. Good selection.

JL. The usual, nothing wrong with it. Just not what I'm looking for.

german maestro

Kenwood

Pioneer decks

Boss.

Pyle.

etc..

Wire is $6.99 a foot for audiopipe OFC.

As far as batteries go, they tell you to go to the shop next door and get a yellow top.

This is why I buy online, local shops around here don't have a damn clue what people are buying or are willing to even consider new products.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

If the store had an online store where you could give a best offer and not have to deal with the sales staff would you be more inclined to purchase locally?

Yes. Im all about local business but mine dont have what im looking for.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

My local shop don't carry most of the products I want anymore so am forced to go online. (Xs power, American bass, dc, Shca) used to only buy from local shop but changed what he carries and doesn't take care of me like he used to.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

If the store had an online store where you could give a best offer and not have to deal with the sales staff would you be more inclined to purchase locally?

Yes, I would even consider paying a little more and going into a store if they carried any that was quality and in my price range around me. I'm not saying 1 particular item either, I was in the market for a 2k rms amp not too long ago. My options where, Soundqubed, crescendo, DC, or Alpine. The shop about an hour from me, had the alpine but wanted $900 for it....

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Yes, I would even consider paying a little more and going into a store if they carried any that was quality and in my price range around me. I'm not saying 1 particular item either, I was in the market for a 2k rms amp not too long ago. My options where, Soundqubed, crescendo, DC, or Alpine. The shop about an hour from me, had the alpine but wanted $900 for it....

not to long ago you could have got a 2500.1bdcp for 950 so 900 for an alpine 2k is stupid compared to the more power for $50..

if local shops had more competitive pricing, better customer service, and knowledge. Not knowledge as in correct install that should be a giving. I mean knowledge about the risk of clipping, boost, low voltage, average amperage draw on music of the brands they carry, etc etc...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived