P4killer_ Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 I bought some craftman drills years ago few hundred dollars iirc they were ok... I bought some cheap HF cordless after that and honeslty there work pretty good for what I paid.. I want to get an impact and figured might as well get a combo kit. My aunt has a ryobi set and is very impressed within them. I was gonna pick up a set from home depot. http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One-Plus-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-P882/203406854/ But I came across this as well, and im wondering if itd be better. Its 30 bux less and its 20v versus 18v which doesn't seem like a huge deal but idk maybe it is. I found a nearly identical black and decker set I think they are the same just rebranded. http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p-2229445-c-9072.htm Anyway, thoughts? Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
bcpballer64 Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 Check out your local walmart. We carry bostich now. Iirc the drill impact combo is 199. I could be wrong. But worth checking out. Found online. Only 162. Its only 18v but id be willing to bet the 18v bostitch is as goos or better than 20v Stanley lol http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Bostitch-18V-Lithium-Drill-Impact-Combo-Kit-BTCK410L2/26913694?type=search "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
never knows best Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 $200 for the makita set- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Compact-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-LCT200W/100596872#product_description
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 What type of use will you be using them for light home use , heavy home use, or work use? I would stay away from ryobi when I was in the trades we killed ryobi tools like you wouldn't believe some didn't make it a week. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
philrab Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 For home use, I picked up Craftsman. Got a C2 19.2 volt 1/2" impact as an open box special for $80 with battery and charger. Also got a cordless drillin the same series (shares batteries) and an extra lithium battery off Amazon (drill was like $40 or so just the tool, battery was about another $40 new.) They're adequate for my use. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
P4killer_ Posted April 16, 2014 Author Report Posted April 16, 2014 Just the occasional box and stuff really. Im trying to stay at 150 or below. Its actually for my bday and I don't want my whole gift being a drill set if possible Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Soccerballzs Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 I bought some craftman drills years ago few hundred dollars iirc they were ok... I bought some cheap HF cordless after that and honeslty there work pretty good for what I paid.. I want to get an impact and figured might as well get a combo kit. My aunt has a ryobi set and is very impressed within them. I was gonna pick up a set from home depot. http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One-Plus-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-P882/203406854/ But I came across this as well, and im wondering if itd be better. Its 30 bux less and its 20v versus 18v which doesn't seem like a huge deal but idk maybe it is. I found a nearly identical black and decker set I think they are the same just rebranded. http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p-2229445-c-9072.htm Anyway, thoughts? The ones from Menards are made by Makita!!!!! Go for the Stanley!!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 For occasional home use I'm sure the Stanley tools will work out fine. although I have never used them Stanley also owns porter cable, and bostitch which both make decent tools so I'm sure you will be good to go. Me personally though the cheapest I go is dewalt but I used my tools to make a living so the price is justifiable to me. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
ROLEXrifleman Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 Pawn shop Low ball WIN! Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
mothra Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 i'd look into either Dewalt or Ridgid 's 12v version. I personally own that Ryobi kit and the Dewalt Li 12v kit holds it's own compared to it. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.