8" midbass driver suggestions

bcbrassard

I see

Thank you for your input. I am not trying to be a dick just saying. If i dont find a 8" driver to my liking then a good 6.5-7" dedicated to midbass. I am just trying to get a build plan together.

Posted about them. The silver flutes are on madisound speaker store. I think 80w rms. At $25 a piece cant go wrong really. Played with xovers and levels a bit and they do good down to about 50 ish up thru 2-3k where tweets come in I think. Maybe lower but I cant measure it. They are more SQ oriented.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

you should also make sure it isn't the install killing your mid-bass. won't do you much good to replace the speakers just to have the same issues.

Thanks but read the whole thread, its not an install issue. Its personal choice to have more midbass up front. Doors are sound deadened, acoustic foamed, sealed with metal and sound deadened again. I have like 100 hrs on my doors. The T3s angle is not the best for listening position. I will not be replacing but adding too the set up.

I read the whole thread, sorry for trying to help.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

you should also make sure it isn't the install killing your mid-bass. won't do you much good to replace the speakers just to have the same issues.

Thanks but read the whole thread, its not an install issue. Its personal choice to have more midbass up front. Doors are sound deadened, acoustic foamed, sealed with metal and sound deadened again. I have like 100 hrs on my doors. The T3s angle is not the best for listening position. I will not be replacing but adding too the set up.

I read the whole thread, sorry for trying to help.

Thanks for helping, sorry to get defensive.

Op, if you get a chance call out to image audio in Wasilla. Ask for Donny tell him your interested in the p2 and p3 8" subs. You can tell him Ricky told you to call and ask if they have any you can listen to so that it will help you make your decision.

that or go into anchorage remote start and sound/call them. Owners name is nick, ask him what he has and if you could listen to it. You can tell him I sent you.

then safe and sound the guy to talk to is lance. Do t think he knows me by name but he knows the car I competed with up there in ak. You can ask him, it was an 03 focus zx5 (4 door hatchback) and I last had 2 t2 12s on a t1500.1bdcp at a show he did behind the a mall in anchorage.

those three guys a somewhat know personally and they give great customer service and should be able to let you listen to what they have to help make a decision.

figured I would throw those options out there because you could listen to some different options before buying.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Looking at getting ticket for the 6th or 7th.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived