Second Skin Audio

sp4 guys come inside

n8ball2013

17 cubes 17 per cube whatever that comes out to now itd been built for so long. Its almost perfect for the dropin tbh

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

First. I did not read everyones posts...

first setup. I Had two SP4 18's in a C pillar wall in my blazer. about 12 cubes after ports, four 6" aeros tuned to 33hz. On two DC audio 3.5k's wired at 0.7 each. This was a great box. it metered a 153.6 at 43hz. it played down to about 25hz.

Second setup. I had a B pillar 4th order wall with four sp4 18's. the box had about 14 sealed and 20 ported. I had each one a DC 3.5k wired at 0.7. This box was nasty. It metered a 153.6 at 30hz. It played from about 45hz to 11hz.

Third setup, I had six SP4 15's in a 4th order, the box was 10 sealed and 20 ported. it metered a 157.6 at 50hz. I had them on two DC 9.0k's wired at .233 strapped. This was and is my favorite setup with the sp4s

I also experimented with a parallel 6th order with 4 sp4's with Psi recones. same box as above but the sealed side was ported with tow 6" aeros tuned at 25hz. this box played flat from 50 to 25hz. below 25 it has a lot of port noise. but it moved a lot of air!

17 cubes 17 per cube whatever that comes out to now itd been built for so long. Its almost perfect for the dropin tbh

Seems more than fine to me........

I have a tick more vol, but your smashing me on port area, where i KNOW im lacking........ Im suppose to be tuned around where i thought you were at. Mid 30's. 36 actually. And for some reason, I peak there, and i can SMASH 28hz. shit, a 50 at 20hz even.

Everyone just told me the Fs on the driver, they just play fine there. But, i do fine at 40 and over.

And i CRUSH anywhere in the 30's... i love it..

Im not the guy i see that can play 20 to 60. I see that on here and scratch my head. CAN I PLAY it,.. ya, but... with nuts and how loud? But thats another story.

I know you dont decaf, or decaf much. But, i know your like me, in having the ability, and not worry.

I love a reliable set up.

IMHO id expect the lower mass of the DD's to be "Louder", but, these will take "more" and take it longer, as well as able to play more of the band (lower id expect)

but, slammin said his guy gained on the sp4 but the dd's took more power. To ME? that is exact oppesite of what id expect. So, maybe im no good here.

First. I did not read everyones posts...

first setup. I Had two SP4 18's in a C pillar wall in my blazer. about 12 cubes after ports, four 6" aeros tuned to 33hz. On two DC audio 3.5k's wired at 0.7 each. This was a great box. it metered a 153.6 at 43hz. it played down to about 25hz.

Second setup. I had a B pillar 4th order wall with four sp4 18's. the box had about 14 sealed and 20 ported. I had each one a DC 3.5k wired at 0.7. This box was nasty. It metered a 153.6 at 30hz. It played from about 45hz to 11hz.

Third setup, I had six SP4 15's in a 4th order, the box was 10 sealed and 20 ported. it metered a 157.6 at 50hz. I had them on two DC 9.0k's wired at .233 strapped. This was and is my favorite setup with the sp4s

I also experimented with a parallel 6th order with 4 sp4's with Psi recones. same box as above but the sealed side was ported with tow 6" aeros tuned at 25hz. this box played flat from 50 to 25hz. below 25 it has a lot of port noise. but it moved a lot of air!

You, and a few others on here are WHY i chose em.... I love all your work. :)

I forgot to add we had a sp4 15 on a dc 9k wired at .35 in a 3.5 cube box tuned at 33hz. it took the power just fine, but the sub came apart. I stared taking video after the dust cap started to make noise.

I call that damn nice for some SP4's @2500-3500w all day.

I ran a 15sp4 on two aq3500.1's strapped at 1.4ohms. Took it like a champ for about 6 months till i got stupid with a bass bosted cd and squarewaved the life out of the spider lol. Turned brown and crispy by the leads. Honestly,just dont clip them and they can take a ton of abuse.

Archived