n8ball2013 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 Oh I would have made a frame but there was several things I'd do different. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
thefourth Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 The bottom platform looks OK. What if you put the baffle flat and angle the 2x4s on the back side of the enclosure? Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 Oh I would have made a frame but there was several things I'd do different. Mhm.. I bet.. Looking back, so would I. Ehh.. On friday or saturday Im tearing out a few pieces and doing it how I envisioned. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 The bottom platform looks OK. What if you put the baffle flat and angle the 2x4s on the back side of the enclosure? Its hard to tell, but the baffle will go inside the 2x4 shell and rest on the MDF that you see. I just need to clean it up in there. I haven't thought about angling those 2x4s yet.. Unless I misunderstood your post ? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 I feel like you where trying to NET all space possible......... i can see what your trying to do..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 I feel like you where trying to NET all space possible......... i can see what your trying to do..... Boom.. yes.. Thats what the goal was, and why the back wouldve been glassed. I didnt think it'd be weak (because isn't glassing strongest over curves?) Using 3/4" mdf wouldve ATE up space.. Like Maiko eats.. nvm.. But yea, the goal was to save space. Its not like i was gonna do 2 layers of like half oz mat. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 I feel like you where trying to NET all space possible......... i can see what your trying to do..... Boom.. yes.. Thats what the goal was, and why the back wouldve been glassed. I didnt think it'd be weak (because isn't glassing strongest over curves?) Using 3/4" mdf wouldve ATE up space.. Like Maiko eats.. nvm.. But yea, the goal was to save space. Its not like i was gonna do 2 layers of like half oz mat. naw.. i can see what your doing.... or trying to gain for sure........ that said,, glassing can be strong, .. damn near bullet proof, BUT, that amount,.. it could get squishy. I dunno,... roll with it?!? I would FOAM every where. I shoot 20 cans everywhere. Put tape down so id doesnt explode. Lay tape and shot it EVERYWHERE. Then,.... glass, glass glass glass....... make DAMN sure the first "layers" are WICKED tight..... and secure, THAT foundation, will be key (if you stay on this route) SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 naw.. i can see what your doing.... or trying to gain for sure........ that said,, glassing can be strong, .. damn near bullet proof, BUT, that amount,.. it could get squishy. I dunno,... roll with it?!? I would FOAM every where. I shoot 20 cans everywhere. Put tape down so id doesnt explode. Lay tape and shot it EVERYWHERE. Then,.... glass, glass glass glass....... make DAMN sure the first "layers" are WICKED tight..... and secure, THAT foundation, will be key (if you stay on this route) Yea, I feel ya on glassing BIG areas.. So heres my plan to minimize it a little.. Remove the angled 2x4 pieces and replace them with 3/4" flat with the other mdf like so.. From there, then just glass the back. From TRYING to break my old amp rack (which was glassed over the same area.. a little more actually).. I can tell you that it CAN be strong.. As you already know Once again, thanks my dude.. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
tacomaguy1 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 I say go with it.....not that bad I glassed a pretty big gap over my wheel wells and it's solid Like Kyle said, foam works good Team Flex Issues
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 I say go with it.....not that bad I glassed a pretty big gap over my wheel wells and it's solid Like Kyle said, foam works good Dope, dope Thanks! On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.