bighossf150 Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 So what do y'all use? I have some wolverines and my feet are sore as fuck when I get off work. I work 72-84 hrs a week so I need something comfortable. Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
SnowDrifter Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Timberland titan pro 6" here. Comfortable enough to wear all day without issue. They're leather, if that matters. What sort of work? Around heavy equipment where you need steel toe? Or something like a chef where you need slip resistance and comfort? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
bighossf150 Posted April 26, 2014 Author Report Posted April 26, 2014 Working at a ship yard so steel toe. Working around barges and chemicals all day Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
oldsoundguy Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Hi-tech Altitude VI Hiking boots. I am a union Carpenter ( wall and ceiling) and have worn these for at least the last 18 years. I walk stilts and am on my feet all day and they are the only boots that don't hurt my feet. I have tried all kinds of brand name WORK boots and they all hurt the hell out of my feet. Short of wearing tennis shoes these are the best. I actually wear them out side of work and when my work boots wear out I swap them out and buy a new pair. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
SnowDrifter Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Gotcha.I'm in an auto shop. I'd imagine somewhat similar conditions as far as footwear. Never had sore feet from them once they broke in ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
walwalka Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 My grandparents live about 2 miles from the rocky store in Nelsonville, Ohio So I always stop by and pickup a pair of the Long range or the ironclads. http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-long-range-aluminum-toe-waterproof-work-shoe/FQ0006878.html?dwvar_FQ0006878_color=20#start=1 I don't understand the reviews on the ironclads. But I wear mine daily on concrete and they are over a year old, and stil comfortable as can be..... http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-ironclad-waterproof-work-boot/FQ0005696.html?dwvar_FQ0005696_color=20#start=1 I also pickup some of the nicer insoles and swap them out before wearing the, I'm fat and need a little more cushion.. http://www.rockyboots.com/airport-footbed/FQ0002013.html#start=1 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
ToNasty Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Ariat or redwing. I only were cowboy/pull on work boots. Can't stand laces ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
oldsoundguy Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Posted before you posted steel toe. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
lifted_silverado Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Pull on style boots for me too, I work 84 hrs a week on a dredge. Im sure if you work in ship yards you know what that is and maybe you've heard of my company, Weeks Marine Inc? Anyway most comfortable work boots ive ever owned were a pair of tony lama trx I think thats what they were, could've worked 150hrs a week in those things with no complaints. Ive tryed every boot brand there is and these by far took the cake in comfort. Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.