Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

Posted

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

After the recone you would need to measure T/S parameters for the custom sub. I would also ask Sundown if they have any objections to such mod.

Posted

that sub will eat that power up if you aren't an idiot :shrug: Id personally build a box for the sub too

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

why not get a drop in from David? PSI should provide a beast recone for that motor.. 3 medium spiders will let it play low

Posted

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

After the recone you would need to measure T/S parameters for the custom sub. I would also ask Sundown if they have any objections to such mod.

I would definitely check with Sundown first. I am going to run it as is for now. Im thinking ill use this box. Does it look good as far as port area goes?

ZV312_zpsaa50d22e.jpg

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

why not get a drop in from David? PSI should provide a beast recone for that motor.. 3 medium spiders will let it play low

I hadnt thought of that. I could actually send it to them for the recone when I decide to do it and have them run the t/s parameters.

Posted

I have ran a 15zv3 w/nsv2 spider pack on 2k clamped daily with NO issues. Not to mention,it was the loudest 1.5kw sub i have ever owned. The bass quality aint to bad either,drum kicks sound real nice with zv3 cones =). However, around 3k it gets smelly after a while.

Posted

I have ran a 15zv3 w/nsv2 spider pack on 2k clamped daily with NO issues. Not to mention,it was the loudest 1.5kw sub i have ever owned. The bass quality aint to bad either,drum kicks sound real nice with zv3 cones =). However, around 3k it gets smelly after a while.

That's good to know! Thanks for the input. I don't think I will be approaching 3k any time soon...lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...