Amp would probably look better on back wall and will allow you to store things in trunk if need be. But may or may not be worth the hassle, one plus to being on the back of box is the need to open trunk when its raining or snowing. Allowing the amp to stay protected.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Well.... didnt recone it as successfully as i would have hoped. Noticed a slapping noise on the lower end notes. played a tone and went to my sub to listen, and theres about an inch section where the surround didnt glue to the basket.. so hopefully i can fix it by just putting glue under it and around it and hopefully that seals it up.

pretty pissed.. :/

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Well.... didnt recone it as successfully as i would have hoped. Noticed a slapping noise on the lower end notes. played a tone and went to my sub to listen, and theres about an inch section where the surround didnt glue to the basket.. so hopefully i can fix it by just putting glue under it and around it and hopefully that seals it up.

pretty pissed.. :/

Damn that sounds shitty, I just did my first recone ever and I got everything done right. You should be able to do that, don't why at not.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Gonna try to fix it when I get done with work tonight. I'm hoping just putting glue on that section and all around it will seal it up. Would hate to have to rip it out to get it reconed again /: I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

well the surround was coming up in 3 different spots. :/ put more glue on those spots and lets hope it holds! there is still a very small section that has a small leak, so im going to get some epoxy to put down around the whole surround so it should be all good.

lets hope it works! would hate to have to get it reconed again!!! :cray:

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

two quick videos i made after work. about 3/4 power on tuned to the -15 track for dd-1.

still scared to go full out on this sub because of the surround. will be epoxying all around the surround and hopefully that does the trick. but wanted to make a quick vid.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

took the sub out and ran epoxy along the surrounds edge to seal up any leaks. turned out great! a little messy but hooked it back up and it sounds a lot better!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived