Need advice! What would you guys do if...

What would you do if you were selling an electronic, and it was functioning as intended when you removed it, then treated it very gently, and about 3 days later, transported it to the buyer. The buyer drives a long distance, goes to plug in said electronic, and it no longer works.

Would you:

1 Tell him tough luck and it was working when it was uninstalled

2 take back the electronic and refund the money, (ending up with a broken electronic)

3 offer to pay for repairs of said electronic

I just wanted to know responses from a buyers point of view and a sellers point of view. I have been in this situation before and will share my answer with you all on what I did, after I hear what you guys wouldve done.

was the item tested in your presence ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

As a buyer i am aware of "buyer beware". With that said I never buy big ticket items from anyone who i dont know or doesnt come highly recomended. if it is a craigslist type buy I have them test it in front of me. If it's a sub $75 purchase I may just roll the dice. greater than $75 no way

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Depending what it is and who it is pay half to get fixed

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

I have sold a pair of RF T1652 with like 12 hrs on them and buyer a week later told me they were blown. I told him they worked when i told them out. Then i build a box for three P3D412s and sold a 2003 RF T1000.1 bd with them. Installed it to wire he had in Tahoe, set gains on the low side because i didnt have a DD-1 at the time. He called me a month later to tell me one of the subs blew. I told him he must has done something wrong and to buy a new sub. Cant help what people do with the equipment once its in there hands. Sold as is in good shape. Sold alot stuff on CL, all in good shape and working order. I dont fuck anyone!

Tough cookies mofo..forreal tho..you know it was working and they fucked it up somehow..but what exactly is it you are talking about a head unit? An amp..? How did they hook it up? Do you know or trust this person..? For example they could have bought an amp but then hooked it up and tried to set the gain with a magnetic screwdriver like a dumbass and blew the amp.. or they could have bought an hu hooked it up and blew the cars fuse in the process and now theyre blaming you when theres nothing even wrong with it..

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Tough cookies mofo..forreal tho..you know it was working and they fucked it up somehow..but what exactly is it you are talking about a head unit? An amp..? How did they hook it up? Do you know or trust this person..? For example they could have bought an amp but then hooked it up and tried to set the gain with a magnetic screwdriver like a dumbass and blew the amp.. or they could have bought an hu hooked it up and blew the cars fuse in the process and now theyre blaming you when theres nothing even wrong with it..sounds like an amateur mistake on his part

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

I have sold a pair of RF T1652 with like 12 hrs on them and buyer a week later told me they were blown. I told him they worked when i told them out. Then i build a box for three P3D412s and sold a 2003 RF T1000.1 bd with them. Installed it to wire he had in Tahoe, set gains on the low side because i didnt have a DD-1 at the time. He called me a month later to tell me one of the subs blew. I told him he must has done something wrong and to buy a new sub. Cant help what people do with the equipment once its in there hands. Sold as is in good shape. Sold alot stuff on CL, all in good shape and working order. I dont fuck anyone!

I wouldn't do anything then its not like you are a store and supplied him with extended warranty.

I say tough cookies too. I sold a JL Audio 1000/1. Everything was legit on it, had my dad do final checks on it and he said he was fine (he owns a electronics repair shop, so repairs just about everything, down to DVD/navi decks).

I told the dude, your 8ga wiring will not hold it up. You have no voltmeter to tell you your voltage, you should def back up the monstrous 1000/1 with better wiring.

He argued about this and that, about how his system is really good, blah blah blah.... He ran a oldschool JL amp (the budget one) telling me it runs @ 1200w daily no problems.

Long story short, I demo'd, I took it out, I sold it (IN WORKING ORDER, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.... This is the one thing I believe all sellers should do TBH). He calls me a few days later, saying, "hey, u sold me a fucked up amp, it burned my wires and the amp wont come out of protection now."

Because my dad owns a repair shop, I offered to have it looked at, and told him, i'll cover HALF the costs on parts, but you have to cover the rest.... He bitched and moaned about it for days, and I was adamant on not giving a refund... After all this moaning and pissing, he never brought it in, never bothered to meet me up. I guess he figured his dinky 8ga doesn't belong in that monstrous 4ga terminal.

Archived