Jump to content

Move tweets to new location?


Karkov

Recommended Posts

Posted

I remember your build log, sweet set up. Not happy with your Highs with the Tweeters down low with the drivers? Dont blame you, most people say to keep them with the driver but if your sound stage it to low it doesnt sound right. Go dash or A piller.

Posted

Alright, thanks for all the thoughts everyone! I will think through some more stuff. Yes, if I put any kind of speaker where the tweets are now in the doors the glove compartment can't open. If I take the tweet out the kick there will be a open hole there. Not sure if there is room near the mirror thing, I remember having that off and thinking damn, can't even get a tweet on there, at least not using the factory panel right there. As far as A-pillars year that's very common and would be great, I WAS trying to keep the Tahoe's interior as close to stock looking as possible so I would need to think more on that. Also, there is no speakers on the dash in these vehicles which makes it be more creative to placement. It might seem like a big vehicle but without going ham on it there really isn't a lot of places to make it loud up front. I guess if I want the performance I desire I need to get custom....

Again, thanks for all the ideas and thoughts/opinions, truly appreciate it all!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

OUCH

nice.. but

MY EAR HOLE !!!! nothing like 10k right in your ear hole.

That? !! that means loud...

naw.. naw it dont.

But, nice.

You've been listening to the wrong tweeters, man.

Super tweeters up there make me want to punch somebody. These are Hybrid Audio tweets and are smooth as silk.

Posted

OUCH

nice.. but

MY EAR HOLE !!!! nothing like 10k right in your ear hole.

That? !! that means loud...

naw.. naw it dont.

But, nice.

You've been listening to the wrong tweeters, man.

Super tweeters up there make me want to punch somebody. These are Hybrid Audio tweets and are smooth as silk.

Wait,.. im the one saying none of that.. LOL.

A decent roll off, is fine.

If we are gonna do pillar work, id rather do a all play, or full. But, i feel ya.......

Them screaming mimi's.... in my ear..... Thats not loud, thats obnoxious

Posted

Nice work, but a Single tweeter on each side would have worked just fine.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Thanks Taylor and Kyle, appreciate it. Those pillars look flippin' great! nice and clean!

Cableguy, I like the sound tweets produce, normal tweeters. Super tweets have their place but reg tweets are yum to me, just me..... Thanks though!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...