rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 I said from the beginning the design was right it was builder error. I'm just trying to figure out what I DID WRONG.
Joe X Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 I said from the beginning the design was right it was builder error. I'm just trying to figure out what I DID WRONG. Yes, just posted that so that others can take a look but as you say you have to find out what is going on yourself, is important to get the problem figured out so that you have no issues in future builds.
SnowDrifter Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 I'm sure the wire in your port isnt exactly helping your issue, but I doubt that would cause a noise like you are experiencing. I want you to check some things for me 1. Push lightly on both of your subs. They should move freely and with no noise 2. Reach in there with a tape measure, check the distance between the back of your box and your port. Basically port width at the bend 3. What's with the tape? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 3. What's with the tape? I hate to admit it but I had a shit ton of peel and seal and thought it wouldn't hurt I will never use it again its falling off everything and getting over everything in my trunk. Learned that lesson the hard way
BassMunky Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 what does port noise sound like? Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 I don't know how to explain it perfect but if u took a high speed fan in front of a port that's what it sounds lime and today after moving a lot of stuff around one of my bends in my port is moving all around u can hear the wood smacking
Krakin Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 Like a helicopter. If you didn't design your box around port velocity you can easily check it by opening all the doors/trunk of you car, play at tuning or slightly lower and crank it up. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
BassMunky Posted June 4, 2014 Report Posted June 4, 2014 Is playing below tuning of the box is port noise also? 5-10hz? Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 4, 2014 Report Posted June 4, 2014 Is playing below tuning of the box is port noise also? 5-10hz? Port noise will be greatest right at the tuning frequency. Above and below that frequency it will decrease. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.