XS Power

Planning to have my car for some time, so I'm curious to to projected lifespan of my batteries I have/will have and be running.

Right now I have a XP2000 in the trunk with a D4800 going upfront. Plans are another XP2000 in the trunk in the following months. So a D4800 feeding 2 XP2000's, electrical is 1 run of Skyhigh 2/0 currently, with another run going in with the second XP2000. Big 3 is done in SkyHigh 2/0.

Factory alt is 130a, Singer 220a is coming soon. Amps will be a Sundown SAZ2000D @ 1/2 ohm plus a good sized mids/highs amp, maybe a SAX-100.4.

So the big question is, how long can I expect these batteries to last me? I'll be investing in a nice battery charger soon, but for now I have a 6 amp trickle charger that will be thrown on periodically.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

After my second XP2000 I'll purchase a nice maintainer/tender. Probably one of those badass XS ones.

My dad brought this topic up to me since we usually have wet cells lasting us 3 years or so. Hell, the NAPA legend in my redtruck was 4 1/2 years old before a cell in it failed.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If you take care of them no reason in the world they shouldn't last you at least 5-6 years. The life of the batteries all depends on how well you maintain them. Basically just like your vehicle. If you take care of it, then it will take care of you. That is why you still see some people running XS Power and their batteries still have the Power
Master label on them. We broke off from PowerMaster more than 5 years ago.

Do not overcharge

Do not undercharge

Do not let set for long periods without being charged

Follow those three things and you will be fine. They are engineered for a 10 year life, but that is all dependent on how you use them and maintain them.

The more times you cycle the batteries (deep discharge and then recharge) the shorter time they will last.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

If you take care of them no reason in the world they shouldn't last you at least 5-6 years. The life of the batteries all depends on how well you maintain them. Basically just like your vehicle. If you take care of it, then it will take care of you. That is why you still see some people running XS Power and their batteries still have the Power

Master label on them. We broke off from PowerMaster more than 5 years ago.

Do not overcharge

Do not undercharge

Do not let set for long periods without being charged

Follow those three things and you will be fine. They are engineered for a 10 year life, but that is all dependent on how you use them and maintain them.

The more times you cycle the batteries (deep discharge and then recharge) the shorter time they will last.

Thanks Nathan

HEY? are you at the facillity today?

Couid you please check on RMA-23941 ?!?!?!

Please?

If your not, or cant, ill call when i get home. :)

kisses ;)

Good stuff.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator