How to fix a split in a port flare

Ok so i picked up a 6" dia piece of pvc at lowes a while back, and did the ole heat gun and metal bowl trick..... but i think i rushed it a little bit and the pvc split on the lip of the flare..... so i am going to try to fill this gap and yes i know that there are all kinds of plastic repair products but i am going to attempt to use jb weld because i already have it and well yeah im a cheap ass. So my question would be does anyone have any advice for attempting this and what would you put underneath the piece so that it doesn't stick to the surface it is sitting on.... im thinking aluminium foil does anyone have any better ideas?

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Cut off the flare - or cracked portion and re-flare as needed?

Or if its a minor crack and the port is internal, who cares.

Just fill it with w.e or tape over the entire circumference of the flare to make it all even.

Or just like snow said. Cut the last bitnoff and reflare.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

To everyone other than pioneerchuck thanks for the input, i was hoping to get by without cutting the end off but it looks like thats going to be my best option. There is plenty of pipe left over to do that, just didnt want to if i didnt have to. Pioneerchuck not true at all, in the op i said that i didnt want people to suggest plastic weld this and that, thats all i was saying.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Archived