White Lightning Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 it better handle 12k rms if im paying that much lol.It's not about how strong it is or can handle gobs of power ... It is engineered to be the perfectionist in Sound Quality. ... and in Sound Quality, the sub's job is to blend VERY well with the rest of the system for a rich "perfect" sound. People that run transducers like this could care less what their system does on a termlad ... but you can bet that they have the best RTA meter that money can buy permanately installed in their vehicle ... Check out the permanately installed test equipment in Mark Eldridge's car next time you see it at a show ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Weigel21 Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 Sure, these uber expensive drivers can produce a very nice rich natural sound, perhaps even fool one into believing they are in the room with the musicians, but I would never pay for such even if I could afford it. I like listening to music, don't get me wrong, but an automobile is about the worse atmosphere for such, I'd rather spend that on home audio, where the acoustics are in better favor and I spend more of my time. "I" still feel it's just as much a status symbol as ever have, as I believe one could easily spend much less on a system that most could never hear a difference between. I'm not saying a $1000 system would be up to the task of a blind comparison, but I see no reason to spend $50K on a setup for a car. To each his, if one is content with what they have, guess that's all that really maters.
Azagtoth502 Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 Priced such because they can & people will buy it. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 How many of you guys will spend $1000 a piece on subs or close to it and $2k plus on amps to build a bad ass ground pounder or all out spl monsters? Now if your cup of tea is sq systems why is it any different to spend the same amount to set one up? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
new start Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 damn thats more then i just spent on 2 x18s amp an wood for my box.
Crandis16 Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 I believe that utopia is there top shelf line? My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Courtnee Edwards Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 It still don't make any sense. When I go to the auto shop and they have the focal display it always sounds good but before focal was in existence they had speakers that did the same exact thing. Sound good is all they do but do they sound better than all the speakers out? I don't think so If they did we would see them more in SQ builds and defiantly SPL builds. Why is the epicenter line $5000 for three speakers and a crossover? \
MrSkippyJ Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 Not sure why you would see them in spl builds. I dot understand why in a hobby where people are justifying tens of thousands to play loudly have a hard time spending similar amounts on SQ. Hell you might as well buy Boss amps and subs for your spl build, the cheap stuff does the same thing. Just build a good box. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
White Lightning Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 I had about 4 grand tied up in my Truck (White Lightning) not counting the headunit. I was consistantly beating systems that cost WAY more that what was invested in my truck. Yes, I paid deeply for my products, But they LAST and give GREAT performance every time you fire it up !!! Well worth the money spent as far as I'm concernd. The Sub stage in my truck had drivers that were made in the early 90s ... Part of that sub stage will be used in my 49 Ford project. Would I spend that much on a single driver ?? No, but I did have that much spent on my dual Isoberic sub stage setup in the truck. All I'm saying here is spend you hard earned money wisely and take pride in your system. It will pay off. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Joe X Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 Why? You seem to imply that the sub is a 250W piece of junk not ever worth the money, you are just not being open minded - besides that price is pocket change for the kind of fellows that may be interested. There are ultra high end home audio speakers for more than 100K a pair (not even a cd player included for the price).
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.