Sundown Audio

My Taramp HD8000 Review

sencheezy

Yeah no worries guys. I know their's not much info out there for an daily installation for this particular brand. So wanted to give them a shot. Again, besides it being sensitive, it is a beast of an amp. If you can provide said suggestion, I would recommend them any day over Koreans. Nothing silly happened to my system. No battery damage, no Alternator damage, no damage to subs. Subs didn't get warm or anything of that nature. Like I said, I demo'd for hours and hours and hours over the course of the show beating the snot out of my truck with no issues. 159s full tilt, on JUST battery power in 80+ weather with no clouds in the sky. Many people can vouch for this experience as well.

The biggest thing, again, is to have battery, 2-3 each 8k. Proper gauge for the output. and secure mounting. That's it. Oh, and don't wire below ohm rating, EVER lmao.

Can anyone elaborate on this point? I'm curious how having the wrong size speaker wire could throw your amp into protect..

Also, sencheezy, you said it didn't smoke or anything and only went into protect. Maybe I missed you saying it but did they come out of protect? I've sent many korean amps into protect before but they have always powered right back up.

Team NorthWestSPL

Yeah no worries guys. I know their's not much info out there for an daily installation for this particular brand. So wanted to give them a shot. Again, besides it being sensitive, it is a beast of an amp. If you can provide said suggestion, I would recommend them any day over Koreans. Nothing silly happened to my system. No battery damage, no Alternator damage, no damage to subs. Subs didn't get warm or anything of that nature. Like I said, I demo'd for hours and hours and hours over the course of the show beating the snot out of my truck with no issues. 159s full tilt, on JUST battery power in 80+ weather with no clouds in the sky. Many people can vouch for this experience as well.

The biggest thing, again, is to have battery, 2-3 each 8k. Proper gauge for the output. and secure mounting. That's it. Oh, and don't wire below ohm rating, EVER lmao.

Can anyone elaborate on this point? I'm curious how having the wrong size speaker wire could throw your amp into protect..

Also, sencheezy, you said it didn't smoke or anything and only went into protect. Maybe I missed you saying it but did they come out of protect? I've sent many korean amps into protect before but they have always powered right back up.

Hi, what I meant by what you've highlighted, is that, there is a lot of current going out of the speaker terminals, if you use too small, it will cause problems. So much current through lets say 12 or 14 gauge wire will cause the wire to melt, then through the amp in protect mode or cause worst damage.

Actually once it did go into protect, then shut down, let cool, and came right back up. But the second time, she never came back on. My hatch was wide open during demoing, and if anyone was there, knows that the sun was out and bright ALL weekend haha.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

I don't think i've ever seen melted speaker wires due to the output of the amp. Maybe from a short or something, but from current? I gotta question that.

Well for example, if you're to use 16 gauge on an 8k amp, for the speaker run, I'm sure their will be damage lol. Current is current, and you need the proper awg to accommodate the power that you're using.

The next question would be, well who the phuck would use 16 speaker wire on an 8k amp? lol.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

These are output voltage monsters. Current would be less than what people are used to, if anything.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

if you catch it in time. I know now that im sealed off id be worried about a fire, wouldnt smell until its too late

but the sound would cut out all of a sudden so then you know you need to pull over and use your fire extinguisher lol.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

These are output voltage monsters. Current would be less than what people are used to, if anything.

Protip: NO.

5K from this amp into a 1 ohm load would be the same voltage as 5K from any other amp into a 1 ohm load, assuming you're tuned clean.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived