Sundown Audio

skar t2000.1d stable at .5ohm

bassman619

No one should want to tell you it can, because of they do and you end up breaking something it is said not to do by the manufacture, it could be in their shoulders.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I don't know about the T series but I have a customer who runs an SK1500 at .5Ω without issue. If it were mine, I'd try it and keep a close eye on the temperature for a while. Also, make sure your electrical is overbuilt before trying it.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Why do you want to run that amp at .5 ohms? What's the reason behind it?

Edit-Nevermind, reading>me. I now see that you want to wire a D1 sub up to it since that's what you have. Question, if you get enough answers that say "don't do it, is not rated nor stable at half ohm", will you still run it?

The only one that can make that decision is YOU. If you want to take the risk and wire below rated, let er rip. Be willing to accept the consequences. At the end of the day, it's YOUR equipment, period.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm running into the same issue. If your willing to take the chance of losing your equipment, then go for it. As others mentioned above, your electrical needs to be extremely solid, overbuilt, or whatever you want to call it. It only takes a split second for something to go horribly wrong. Bye bye amp and maybe subs as well. If you go ahead and do it, I would definitely have a GOOD voltmeter installed at the amp and keep an eye out on your voltage. Also, you are bringing thermal overload into play... It's a risk that only you can decide on.

In my case, I decided against it because my amps are brand new and I'm not ready to take the risk. Now, in 6 mos to 1 year, will I try it? Yeah, probably...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Or buy a product that has a no questions warranty. I purposefully drove a mini amp at a half just to so I could say whether or not it's .5Ω stable. Cost me shipping back to the manufacturer and wala.... new amp.

Oh and, it wasn't .5Ω stable, lol.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

J just want to know if anyone has used this amp at .5 ohms with no problems..my sub is a conservative 1500w rms..people have ran it at 2500w rms no problem its a skar zvx 15. Im ask8ng because they have the t2000.1d at a good price right now and it would be a economic solution for me ..but if it cant do .5ohm then I might as well get a bc2000

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

J just want to know if anyone has used this amp at .5 ohms with no problems..my sub is a conservative 1500w rms..people have ran it at 2500w rms no problem its a skar zvx 15. Im ask8ng because they have the t2000.1d at a good price right now and it would be a economic solution for me ..but if it cant do .5ohm then I might as well get a bc2000

The BC series are proven to do .5ohm, as you are probably we aware of... If you are stuck on going .5, then I would go Cresendo. Not knocking Skar, I'm sure it's a great amp, but I don't know if it's been proven yet. You feel like being the guinea pig for us? :shrug:

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived