Sundown Audio

skar t2000.1d stable at .5ohm

bassman619

I've run a bunch of CT amps at a half and I've only had one failure. That failure was a mini chassis amp that I purposely drove long term at full tilt boogie to see if it was stable at a half.

And it was replaced at no charge to me even though I should have been charged an exchange fee.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

CT Sounds... oh boy. I'd be scared to run that at 1ohm!

Why is that?

because he's scared of the no questions asked warranty.

That's why I was wondering why he stated that because from I've seen ct has a great warranty , customer service, and anyone one that's blown an amp has got a new one no questions asked.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

There have been a lot of CT Sounds amps going up in smoke in lately... Don't know if it was a bad batch or what? I was being a little silly saying I would be scared to run it at 1ohm, but still, I would never buy CT Sounds. Even their subs have gone up in RMS power, but nothing has changed with the design at all. It's only to increase the price of the product, increase the hype, etc... If it says 250 RMS and then the next day the same sub has a 500RMS rating, then something is up... It's shady is what it is.. It's so he can charge more money for the same damn sub. Now his amps keep going up in smoke? Why would you take the risk in buying a product that could potentially fry, when their are PLENTY more products just as good, with a smaller price tag?

What's up with all the 7K's going up in smoke? I know of a few 1400's going up in my neck of the woods. The same 1400 used to run 350, even cheaper is you knew a dealer, and now the dealers are having to charge over 500? It's a joke... Granted, when the amp does run fine, it puts out good power, lots of overrated power (which I don't understand anyway, if it puts out 1800-1900 at 1ohm, then why not market that?), and is probably worth the money. I will never pay 500 dollars for a 1400 watt amp. Maybe he needs to market it as an 1800 watt amp and be finished with it.

The reason I say this is, the company is starting to get a reputation of their amps going "POOOF!!!" Up in smoke... Even at 1ohm. Has quality gone down? I don't know? I know I once wanted and almost bought a CT amp, but I held back and went with SoundQubed thank god! Tell me, how many SoundQubed amps do you hear of going up in smoke? Not many... So until CT fixes this problem, I will continue to call them Crispy Toast.... I don't care about HOW GOOD THEIR WARRANTY IS! Why do you want to use their warranty? Why should you have to use their warranty? This is my point exactly! So keep running CT Sounds and replacing your amp every 6 months. Eventually it will take out your subs too... You may not be so lucky with the "warranty" then...

I'm sure this comment will get some comments. I will be on the road today for 8 hrs, so I will reply this evening...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

So you have no first hand knowledge but just trashed one of our vendors? You dont know if they were ran below rated impedence strapped at .5 had bad electrical or any details. The no questions asked warranty makes people awful ballsy and would do things theyve never do if they have to foot the bill. Plus we know people never lie on the internet so tjose guys who claim to have been running at rated impedence really arent. Its easy to notice patterns once you look into them. That guy or guys who claim running at one ohm are strapped at 1 ohm with poor electrical and things like that. Coleman owns a share of the buildhouse if I recall correctly. If he got a bad batch you csn bet your ass he will have soemthing done. But in all likelihood its far more likely that those failures were abused amps. If you want to post your personal history thats fine. Posting hear say from the internet with no first hand experience is fear mongering and given into the rumor mill. We will not stand for our vendors being bashed and run down for no reason.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

There have been a lot of CT Sounds amps going up in smoke in lately... Don't know if it was a bad batch or what? I was being a little silly saying I would be scared to run it at 1ohm, but still, I would never buy CT Sounds. Even their subs have gone up in RMS power, but nothing has changed with the design at all. It's only to increase the price of the product, increase the hype, etc... If it says 250 RMS and then the next day the same sub has a 500RMS rating, then something is up... It's shady is what it is.. It's so he can charge more money for the same damn sub. Now his amps keep going up in smoke? Why would you take the risk in buying a product that could potentially fry, when their are PLENTY more products just as good, with a smaller price tag?

What's up with all the 7K's going up in smoke? I know of a few 1400's going up in my neck of the woods. The same 1400 used to run 350, even cheaper is you knew a dealer, and now the dealers are having to charge over 500? It's a joke... Granted, when the amp does run fine, it puts out good power, lots of overrated power (which I don't understand anyway, if it puts out 1800-1900 at 1ohm, then why not market that?), and is probably worth the money. I will never pay 500 dollars for a 1400 watt amp. Maybe he needs to market it as an 1800 watt amp and be finished with it.

The reason I say this is, the company is starting to get a reputation of their amps going "POOOF!!!" Up in smoke... Even at 1ohm. Has quality gone down? I don't know? I know I once wanted and almost bought a CT amp, but I held back and went with SoundQubed thank god! Tell me, how many SoundQubed amps do you hear of going up in smoke? Not many... So until CT fixes this problem, I will continue to call them Crispy Toast.... I don't care about HOW GOOD THEIR WARRANTY IS! Why do you want to use their warranty? Why should you have to use their warranty? This is my point exactly! So keep running CT Sounds and replacing your amp every 6 months. Eventually it will take out your subs too... You may not be so lucky with the "warranty" then...

I'm sure this comment will get some comments. I will be on the road today for 8 hrs, so I will reply this evening...

The v2 subs are completely different subs from a different build house and anyone who takes a moment to look at two of them side by side can see that. The motors are larger and the stitching is doubled on the surrounds, just to name the visible differences. As for inside the subs, they have heavier coils. This is why the power ratings went up and it's why there are two versions of the Tropo & Strato lines.

If you have proof of nefarious activity, please present it. Otherwise you are simply hurling baseless insults for reasons I won't endeavor to find out.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

there is no need to bash two vendors

on the other hand i would make sure i got my money's worth before i dropped it to half due to risk of burn up

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Had a feeling my post would get some negative comments... I don't see where I trashed two vendors, but ok. Well, good luck to all the CT Sounds users out there, seriously. As far as first hand experience, no, I've never run these amps in my vehicle. Am I a close friend to a CT Sounds vendor? Yes...

I won't comment anymore about this, as to not create anymore enemies. Going my merry way and will let the results speak for itself.

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Sounds like your friend who's a Vendor(if this is where you get your failure information) maybe needs to look for another company if he doesn't believe in the products he sells. As far as your comment, it's great that you bad mouthed them without first hand experience. I'm going to BET that 90% of the failures(that are taken on and replaced moo questions asked) were due to operator/installer error. I'll give you the other 10% for possible quality control or component failure due to a manufacturing process. I'll bet my 10% guess is higher than actual as well.

In response to you comments about knowing you'd get some negative comments, you KNOW you were expecting and going to cause a stir. That's the reason you posted it. If you honestly thought that you'd shit talk a Vendor and no one would notice, that's dense.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

one vendor, not two... No need to see an optometrist. Still not seeing where I trashed two vendors.

Yes, I knew it was going to cause a stir and I was preparing for this wrath. I could also state that I think certain brands that get trashed on here all the time, such as Hifonics, is the greatest thing since sliced bread (which before that statement get's contorted, I don't by the way). I know that would cause a stir as well, but I would still state it. That's kind of the point of a forum...

Now, if I truly "offended" anyone by my statement above, then I do sincerely apologize. That was not my intention. Someone asked why I stated I'd be afraid to run them at 1ohm (which I was being somewhat silly, trying to prove a point), I stated my reasoning behind it. Yes, many don't agree, and yes I didn't think about CT being a sponsor at the time I posted my statement this morning, so I should have kept that comment to myself. So, I do apologize. I do suppose in this instance, I should have kept my "personal opinion" of a product to myself...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived