Sonic Electronix

i think it's a combo of everything!

box a lil to big, playing decaf, subsonic not set high enough, subs getting to much power at Lower hz.... all those things combined=stinky subs

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

You can put some wood in the box to take up space and lower the total internal volume. That changes everything else too though.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i really don't think the box is the issue. i think he's playing to low on to much power.

take my gear for example. i have 2 1000w rms type rs in a crappy way to small tuned way to high prefab box (only temp) running a ct 1400.1 @.5ohm to each sub. way to much power for these subs. if i listen to normal songs and Most dubstep, other words songs that don't go much lower then 40hz i can go full Tilt for a long long time before my Subs get even a Lil warm.

but if i listen to decaf or as i call them "bass songs" with hard Drops and low hz i get about 5mins of play before my subs get got. and that's with my subsonic at 35hz.

i know what your thinking why do i have so much power on those subs? well in a few days they will be gone and my ct EXO will be here!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

• 1 month later...

So I FINALLY retuned. Before I tuned with car on @ 14v, mid/high -5db and sub -10db. This time I tuned with car off @12v with mid/high -5 and sub -5. My front channel on my R300.4 now goes all the way without any distortion light coming on and is Quite as hell, can't even hear the music barely at full tilt. I switched to the rear channel sounds a lot better. As far as my subs, before when they were tuned. I would have to get to half my gain knob on decaf to get down to 12v and wouldn't go farther so I wouldn't get into bad territory for my voltage. Now it basically does this at 1/4 of the knob instead of half before. I so confuzzled. Wouldn't me retuning allow me to use up more of amp instead of less.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well damn dude that sucks.

I know lots of people say to tuned with the car off, and there may be some science to that.

But i have always tuned with the car running. It just never made to much sense to me to do it with the car off, as i dont listen to my shit with the car off.

I have not blown a sub or amp in over 30 yrs. The only amp i blew was when i was a kid just starting out.

On my current system, tuned with car on, iv'e been banging hard for a little over 3 yrs, without any issue. Never even has a amp gone into protect.

Now i'm sure others will chime in to help you out, and give their reasoning for tuning while car is off.

Good luck, hope you get it all sorted out.

truthsayer

Well damn dude that sucks.

I know lots of people say to tuned with the car off, and there may be some science to that.

But i have always tuned with the car running. It just never made to much sense to me to do it with the car off, as i dont listen to my shit with the car off.

I have not blown a sub or amp in over 30 yrs. The only amp i blew was when i was a kid just starting out.

On my current system, tuned with car on, iv'e been banging hard for a little over 3 yrs, without any issue. Never even has a amp gone into protect.

Now i'm sure others will chime in to help you out, and give their reasoning for tuning while car is off.

Good luck, hope you get it all sorted out.

Again, for another time.

For you that HOLD running voltage, say 14.4 while playing, that makes sense...

for those of use, that "dip" into actual battery voltage, well.... like you said, "tune where you play".

After 4 hours of playing, i DIP into battery rest.. soooooooooooooooooo i chose to play safe, and TUNE to the voltage i RUN at most.

Its not gonna HURT to tune lower... it WILL hurt to tune higher.

You, that stay at alt voltage.. well cool for you. But, there are those that dont. And dont tell me to add electrical. There are some that have more in electrical, than most have in the entire build, vehicle included.

that said.... your issues are ODD rootbeer .... :shrug:

i tune with car off because even if you see 14.4 on the gauge that quick bass note can drop it without you even knowing it dropped to under 12v.. sometimes volt meters cant keep up and when you see 13.9 you could be in the 12v range.. even with a beast electrical with 1000a of alternator and 100 batteries the voltage will flinch with a note.. it takes time for the alt to sense the voltage drop and kick in. you always take power from the battery before the alternators kick in

I tune with it off cause Tony D says to do it that way. It is accounted for somehow and most of all it means the DD-1 doesn't pick up any noise the car running might put into the signal.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived