Sundown Audio

Do you run individual remote wires or run 1 in series for multiple amps?

JEFFYBOI

5+ probably comes from a relay. Remote outputs on a headunit can only support so many devices.

5+ probably comes from a relay. Remote outputs on a headunit can only support so many devices.

After so many devices (amps)? the signal from the HU becomes to weak so a relay is put it to beef up the signal?

The reason why you don't want to run more than 1-2 components on the HU's remote is because most electronic components need about 125mA to turn on. On average a HU supplies about 500mA and as years go by, the current draw can be even higher. The turn on circuit can burn out completely if the current draw exceeds the HU's rating. So if you are running multiple components it is best to use the relay method if you don't to want to fry the turn on circuitry on your HU.

So basically the components will try to suck more current then the HUs remote output can put out and the electronics will fry in the process? So in other words the HUs remote would be some what be clipping? :shrug::lol2: Thanks, good to know this info. I never knew that, I learned something new.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

WOW, such a long and (IMO pointless) debate on something so simple.

Anyways, the remote turn-on lead of your stereo is probably something like 300mA and so it's not likely to be enough to jump from one device to another and on to many more. Typically, if you are looking to power more than two amplifier's I'd strongly recommend a relay. Heck, even if one were to just wire up one amplifier a relay isn't a bad idea. If for some reason the amplifier goes, it could potentially short out the remote turn-on lead of the stereo, but the use of a relay would protect such from happening.

Anyways, the remote turn-on lead of your stereo is probably something like 300mA and so it's not likely to be enough to jump from one device to another and on to many more. Typically, if you are looking to power more than two amplifier's I'd strongly recommend a relay. Heck, even if one were to just wire up one amplifier a relay isn't a bad idea. If for some reason the amplifier goes, it could potentially short out the remote turn-on lead of the stereo, but the use of a relay would protect such from happening.

It's not pointless. Using a relay to turn on multiple components was a simple answer. That lead to an interesting discussion on a different (but related) topic. One I am enjoying being a part of. Far from pointless.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Go to home depot and buy a 200 amp square d breaker box then you will be safe.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

interesting

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Yeah man the whole thread kinda turned into a debate due to someone trying to correct me saying in "series" but i got the info i needed, thanks.... SORRY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE I MAY HAVE CAUSED! Im really on both sides series and parallel, just wanted to see how many likes i could get. :roflmao: Jk but funny.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Go to home depot and buy a 200 amp square d breaker box then you will be safe.

Square D is my competition i sell Eaton cutler hammer at my work. :lol2:

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Not series

Would have to use the amp ground to the next remote for it to be series.

It parrellel

Answer this question to yourself, will the amp power on with just a remote wire and no ground?

With that in mind, can you conclude that the board would have a path to ground itself internally thru the ground input terminal to complete its circuit to tell the amp to turn on?

Just because there is no external ground doesn't mean the board itself doesn't use the ground internally, which it does.... which makes it a series!

nope, the grounds are there already. take 10 lightbulbs, run negative and positive to the first. then just run positive and negatives from that bulb to the next and repeat for the rest. It parallel.

do that same with light bulbs but run positive to the first bulb and run the negative to the next bulbs positive and so on series.

I cant make this any simpler for you. Just cause you dont see the ground for the remote does not make it not exist, and you can paint with whatever colors you like it is parallel.

Okay, I do stand corrected.

I had a brain fart, my bad.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived