High Output liquid cooled alternator???

i would keep the stock alt and upgrade to that 180 amper. then add a second if you need more. i bet a bank of super caps in the back would hold your voltage plenty high for your liking in addition to a battery in stock location.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Thanks yeah that's what I'll do, get the 180A and a group 95R + group 48 AGM and take it from there.

@Bump4life, I looked up the price for some Maxwell boostcaps and I guess if the ends justify the means it's worth the expense but the 2k Farad caps are like $50 each? And I'd need 5 in series to give me 13.5V. More info on your cap bank?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

• 3 months later...

Without knowledge of cap banks it would be best to have someone else build it for you.

You would actually want 15-16v capacity on the caps.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

replacing with a different alternator is difficult because there is a whole housing cast into the engine block. i would imagine upgrading the internals would be possible if cooling capacity goes way up, though.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Just be careful about running higher RPM's. I dont know why but i've not had any luck with custom alternators holding together above 5500rpm. My singer unit blew up twice, mike replaced the rotor once and the second time I just had a local shop fix it.. but I havent put it back in since the second time either yet. The shop also put together a custom unit for me to test at higher RPM's since they were interested in what was happening and I blew that one up a couple times for them as well :)]

The stock pulley does help (took 7500rpm to knock out with large pulley) but you lose the low RPM output..

My singers been fine loaded down at 7500rpm. And I hit 7k frequently cuz VTEC.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Maybe its just the 270's and/or a part common to the 270 and the test alternator I was running?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Just be careful about running higher RPM's. I dont know why but i've not had any luck with custom alternators holding together above 5500rpm. My singer unit blew up twice, mike replaced the rotor once and the second time I just had a local shop fix it.. but I havent put it back in since the second time either yet. The shop also put together a custom unit for me to test at higher RPM's since they were interested in what was happening and I blew that one up a couple times for them as well :)]

The stock pulley does help (took 7500rpm to knock out with large pulley) but you lose the low RPM output..

My singers been fine loaded down at 7500rpm. And I hit 7k frequently cuz VTEC.

my singer has seen 6k a few times too... oops

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived