Hertz HSK165's & HSK165XL's

jakmagic

Has anyone had experience with either of these component sets? If so, what's your opinion on them. I am leaning towards purchasing one of these two sets and would like to hear a little more feedback. I heard both sets last weekend and I thought they sounded amazing. Unfortunately I havent heard any other brands comparable to these in quality. It makes me wonder why European companies seem to have a leg up on the rest of the market when it comes to component speakers. I am leaning more towards the regular HSK165's at the moment and not the XL's but my mind could easily change. I really like the three year warranty that comes with these sets also. In advance, thanks to anyone that takes the time to read or reply to this post.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

If you liked what you heard you'll love them in the car. XLs are the better of the two. More low end and quicker response. Running active or passive? XLs will handle a bit more power. Both love to be in a factory door spot with a ton of deadener on every panel including the door trim panel as well.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I would be running passive. My vehicle is a 97 Buick LeSabre, which I would be running the woofer in the stock position. (Though the mounting brackets are customized since car OEM size was 5.25"). The tweeters will be mounted on the A-pillar. I like the XL's for that extra mid bass, for sure. I just haven't talked myself into dropping the extra coin on the XL's yet. Lol. The normal hsk's are already the most expensive component set I'll have ever purchased. My dealer has a SQ setup in his ride (all Audison / Hertz amps and two sets of the hsk165's) and he prefers the regular hsk's because he believes they sound better than the XL's. I don't have a SQ setup but I like my stuff to sound good and these components are just plain "what my ears crave". He's also willing to cut a pretty good deal on whatever set I'd choose also which is pretty cool.

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Mojo Mat

the xl's are amazing man!! and mid diver pounds! the tweeters are clean and scream can't go wrong with them

I know what you mean by live sounding. Its almost as you can hear what direction a certain note is coming from. I really would like to hear what they sound like in my vehicle and not just in his demo room at his shop. I know the XL's would prolly suit my needs a little more currently and especially in the near future. I could really use that extra mid bass. I have to say I really like the quality of these comps and really like how they are cooled.

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Also he had mentioned that both of his hsk sets didn't have that many hours of demo time on them, since he had a customer that wanted to buy the last demo sets. He said that once them break in a little longer the sound will improve even more. Like you'll hope in your ride and just think they keep sounding better and better. You guys experience that at all?

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Why not spring for the Mille's? :)

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Well which ever you choose hopefully you have a HU and amp to make them sound good. Those are just as if not more important than the speaker its self.

Archived