Anyone buy anything small from china on eBay?

I've ordered tons of stuff from China on eBay mostly leds. They usually take at least two weeks and I've had a few take over a month but they always show up.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've ordered a few things and they've taken 2-3 weeks for me.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Here is what it looks like now:

Processed Through Sort Facility
Jul-27-14, 09:12 AM, SHENZHEN EMS
Processed Through Sort Facility
Jul-27-14, 09:12 AM, SHENZHEN EMS
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance
Jul-25-14, 20:09 PM

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

I've had delivery times from 1-3 weeks. No rhyme or reason to it.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Estimated Delivery: Sat. Aug. 2 - Sat. Aug. 16

eBay "estimates" are complete bullshit based on best case scenario and pure luck. They're designed to 1: Trick rookie buyers into buying things in hope that they'll get them faster than they likely will, and 2: Leave buyers disappointed in sellers so that eBay can pooch them out of "top rated" seller fee discounts when their feedback rating suffers when the postal system can't deliver on eBay's promises.

In short, fuck eBay.

That being said, I've had anything from 2-6 weeks with small parcels from China... mostly pure luck I think. What I'm wondering is if you were just ordering semiconductors, why you didn't just go through Mouser or someone domestic???

I think that's about what to expect from eBay. Most of the time my girlfriend will buy stuff from China like noserings, earrings and things like that.

Sometimes it's as quick as 2 weeks and other times we've waited over a month.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived