Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Wanting to do high 140s on 2 12s


Daboxxstl

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm gonna throw my opinion in here before you waste money on a design that you're going to be unhappy with.

Play with box designs yourself. Build them and test them. Can't a single person judge EXACTLY how 2 subs are going to act in an enclosure in a car over the internet.

But a good place to start out for a pair of 95/99 12's in 5 cubes with 2 6 inch ports. Lower box volume as needed, plug a port if needed.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

goodluck my friend. dd 9900 series dd zs or dd 9500s should get you there.

Why would he need those subs? He's only got 2K (if that) to work with.

Not to mention there are other brands besides DD out there.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

I'm wanting to be able to meter high 140s under 2k. My car is a 1991 honda civic hatch, I have a digital designs m1b. I'm wanting to go all digital designs. What subs should I choose, also what size box should I build

Reading > You

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps


Posted

goodluck my friend. dd 9900 series dd zs or dd 9500s should get you there.

Why would he need those subs? He's only got 2K (if that) to work with.

Not to mention there are other brands besides DD out there.

I have been thoroughly pleased with the performance of all DD stuff. Not to hate on other brands or anything but in my opinion it's dd or nothing lol

Posted

Match your amps watts to any subs watts

Easy choice

Was kinda thinking that. Would you guys recommend any of the redline series that dd has came out with?

Posted

I'm wanting to be able to meter high 140s under 2k. My car is a 1991 honda civic hatch, I have a digital designs m1b. I'm wanting to go all digital designs. What subs should I choose, also what size box should I build

Reading > You

Guess so.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Also I have seen some people have an octoport firing at the hatch and it was very loud, would this be a good idea to try?

Posted

get extra soft suspension. bigger motor is better from what ive tested. only issue is the mechanical nature. gotta be able top get them moving. if its a clamped 2k, 2 9500s with soft suspension would work very well.

and i suggessted dd because he wanted to do all dd.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4297 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...