SQ Head-unit recommendations, under $270

love my cz501, probably gonna give the cz702 a shot here real soon. moving from a pioneer AVH-p4400BH to my cz501 was a night and day difference in sound clarity.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my JVC(Kenwood owned and built) double din and giving the Clarion a try as well. I miss DTA that I had from my old eXcelon double din that was stolen :(

I'm also closely watching eBay and such for the real deal DEX P99rs. I'd be down for this copper chassis badass and I guess sometimes they're around for $700-800.

I have the 99prs ...its fucking sweet..and I haven't touched the time alignment yet in two years and I'm no SQ person lol

Well, if you aren't gonna use its features, trade to me!! 80prs and $$$

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'm thinking about getting rid of my JVC(Kenwood owned and built) double din and giving the Clarion a try as well. I miss DTA that I had from my old eXcelon double din that was stolen :(

I'm also closely watching eBay and such for the real deal DEX P99rs. I'd be down for this copper chassis badass and I guess sometimes they're around for $700-800.

I have the 99prs ...its fucking sweet..and I haven't touched the time alignment yet in two years and I'm no SQ person lol

Well, if you aren't gonna use its features, trade to me!! 80prs and $$$

Let me think...nope

Only thing about the clarion is the EQ. Only 5 bands. Simple and bullet proof though.

Which is why I'm using mine with a ms8

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

^ lol

I used to run Pioneer Premier but one day I got a Kenwood Excelon and that was all she wrote. Plays cleaner, no clipping from the RCAs, Time Alignment is great... In short, the Kenwood has more stuff to mess with- which is nice. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

^ lol

I used to run Pioneer Premier but one day I got a Kenwood Excelon and that was all she wrote. Plays cleaner, no clipping from the RCAs, Time Alignment is great... In short, the Kenwood has more stuff to mess with- which is nice. :D

What model do you run?

I have been running a lot of the kenwood low end recievers just because I can bypass their processing and use external processors. They're quick and easy and work. Don't color the sound too much.

I ended up buying the DEH-90PRS so I guess thats all she wrote...still would like to hear what kenwood you run. I am going to try out the pioneer and see if I like it...I am not a fan of pioneer in general so we'll see how it goes. Basically I got it so I didn't have to run a external crossover and eq.

^ lol

What model do you run?

I have been running a lot of the kenwood low end recievers just because I can bypass their processing and use external processors. They're quick and easy and work. Don't color the sound too much.

I ended up buying the DEH-90PRS so I guess thats all she wrote...still would like to hear what kenwood you run. I am going to try out the pioneer and see if I like it...I am not a fan of pioneer in general so we'll see how it goes. Basically I got it so I didn't have to run a external crossover and eq.

Did you mean to say 80PRS? They don't now, nor ever made a 90PRS to my knowledge.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived