yes its come a long way since then.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

lol second skin is too expensive?

you do realize with cheap deadener you will have to put on more layers or cover more areas with cheaper deadener?

more cheap deadner vs less higher quality deadener = same price in the end. or even spending more on the cheap shit than the real stuff.

the logic.

This is true. But for the end user, its kind of hard to grasp, or rather come to terms with. I mean like you said given panel X, with SS you only need to cover say 60% of the panel to achieve said goal. Where as with fatmatt youd need to cover 85% of the panel. Aka the cost vs efficiency and it all balances out.

But in the real world, aka not what you read in the brochures, or just really what the average joe is gonna do, their going to cover the entire panel either way. Period end of story. And without SS AND say Fatmat at hand, how will they ever know the difference? Its not like their gonna buy both, their only gonna buy one.

So unless joe decides to cover one door with SS and another door with FM, theres really no comparison for him to draw. Because again, hes only gonna buy one. So I guess what Im trying to say is that the only comparisons to go by without buying both are the obvious ones:

Price

Sqft

Thickness

Material

And when you get less sqft, costs a good bit more (at least 30% more even if you buy a bstock), and everything else seems similar -- its kind of hard to go with SS without a yea but arguement. Its the best yea but it costs way more, or yea but I get less material sqft wise.

Now obviously ppl learn from their mistakes, and get garbage, and when it fails, they say damn it i shoulda got SS. But what if it does ok, or does what you needed it to do? You wouldnt think to yourself its good but i reaally shoulda spent double for SS.

Its all just a big wash unless you either

a) buy complete junk like peal n seal or

b ) have money to blow and buy both

Otherwise its all kinda grey. The whole coverage efficiency arguement while true is more or less irrelavent when hes gonna cover 100% either way. From behind the computer screen, the internet says SS ftw, but everything else says is it really worth double? and most people will never really find out. If you buy stinger and are happy with it, youd never buy ss. if you buy FM and it sucks, maybe you would.. but then again maybe youd spend a little bit more and get say AT instead of SS...

There is logic everywhere, but it all just muddies the water imo.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Lol true

Refs 15 so far

skittlesRgood-SMD.com- sold a game to

Derrick824- SMD.com - ya boy got some decals

Tkitt21-SMD.com -traded for 2 BTL's

Hellbound Train-SMD.com -sold games to

NightDrifter05-CA.com- sold game to

ace_800-CA.com- Sold game to

vfrrider-CA.com- Sold Game to

luises14-CAC.org- Bought 2 BTL's from

BlackWaterOp-CAC.org- Sold game to

EricSteagall- SSA.com- Sold Hifonics 2610 to

I have been listening to EVERYONE'S advice and have been pondering and wanted to know if anyone ever used Crescendo's deadener. I have some of their product in my build and wanted to see if I can keep it in their brand. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/murdermat-bl-40-sq-ft-bulk-pack/

Refs 15 so far

skittlesRgood-SMD.com- sold a game to

Derrick824- SMD.com - ya boy got some decals

Tkitt21-SMD.com -traded for 2 BTL's

Hellbound Train-SMD.com -sold games to

NightDrifter05-CA.com- sold game to

ace_800-CA.com- Sold game to

vfrrider-CA.com- Sold Game to

luises14-CAC.org- Bought 2 BTL's from

BlackWaterOp-CAC.org- Sold game to

EricSteagall- SSA.com- Sold Hifonics 2610 to

I have used this in the past for some cheap deadner works pretty decent, dont get the cheaper version at 75 dollars a square ft it will not hold on the roof if you live in a hot state only for the floor use the one recommended for the whole vehicle

http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Anybody have any personal experience with Hushmat?

2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Current Set up -

Headunit - JVC 6100BT

Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2

- 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's

- 2 Crescendo ft1's

Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2

Sub amp - NS-1 V2

Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase

2 XS D4800 under the hood

2 XS D3100's in back

2 Sundown Team 18's walled

I have been listening to EVERYONE'S advice and have been pondering and wanted to know if anyone ever used Crescendo's deadener. I have some of their product in my build and wanted to see if I can keep it in their brand. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/murdermat-bl-40-sq-ft-bulk-pack/

Shit it's back in stock I gotta order some I love mine

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

B-stock 90ft2 for $300, 60 lbs of deadener.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/b-stock-shop-pack/

I used a bulk pack (36.5ft) and that covered my roof, some spots in 2 layers, and all my doors of my equinox. And that was $200.

Save up, buy once, do it only once.

Even what I did. Not a super expensive route.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have personally used Tsunami and Scosche Accumat deadeners in my first car, then used some HushMat in my car before last, and then I've used Quick Roof in my last car.

Of the bunch, HushMat was the only one I believe was butyl. Still, it was pretty costly here at my local car audio shop, think it was around $150 for barely enough to do my trunk.

As I said, my last car I used Quick Roof, an Asphalt based roofing material. As with all of my previous ventures with deadening, I only did the trunk. For less than 1/3 the price, I was able to do the entire trunk of my Cutlass Ciera, as well as the rear plastic panel between the tail lights.

I ran the same sub setup in the car breifely from my previous car and noticed no rattling at the volume levels "I" found to be comfortable. However, if I cranked up to the levels I used when I set my gain, slight rattling/panel vibration could be heard from outside the car.

IMO, the cheaper route was just as effective as the more expensive HushMat, though I can't speak for longevity. The HushMat was in my old car for nearly five years before I got ride of it, the Cutlass has only had the roofing material in it for two years, but thus far, it seems to be holding. Living in KS, we don't see as hot of temperatures as some on here, but the material seemed to do the job asked of it, reasonably well... in my case.

Is Asphalt based material superior? Hell no. Can it work effectively? In some situations. Would I recommend it? Not if you can afford better. Why? Cause I can't help but feel I've been lucky and I knows it's but a mater of time before the stuff falls off or the car see high enough temperatures for it to end in a mess.

My current car hasn't any deadener in it... yet.

I'm not sure what route I'll be going. I'm tempted to try out some aluminum backed butyl window tape, I can get it dirt cheap where I work, but I know it's super thin and I'm sure the butyl formula used is not likely to be of as high of quality as car specific deadener.

Might try RamMat BXT (or however it's spelled), just not looking to spend a lot to deaden (to the minimal extent I feel I'll need) a beater I drive for work and little more.

I'll have to watch this thread, might find a product to try this time around.

Archived