Second Skin Audio

joe x you still around?

81000D

I've offered to do real world testing from multiple designers including Joe X. He never came through, I feel that might have something to do with actual recorded results against other designers. Free designers and paid designers....and I had no luck

I remember you doing this. I think I submitted some aero design enclosure. God, I wonder what I'd do differently now, knowing what I know.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Its a decent program, but still a lot of things it currently doesn't do.

Been in talk with Wayne a bit here and there with ideas and other added things that would make it better all around.

Like a simple save button to save your work for a design for reference or come back to work on it at another time.

Its just one of the tools, Another program that plots similar frequency responses in a giving room size, however its not dead on since its a vehicle.
When I can measure out the vehicle cabin size (or go to a friends junk yard to measure a vehicle when I dont have it in my possession) I can kind of get a better idea on the response curve of the box your almost guaranteed a better outcome than dropping some numbers into a typical box calculator, but this is a lot of work. Sometimes a couple hours of messing around easily. Other things like measuring the vehicles resonate frequancy can play huge into vehicles as well if its a stereo more built towards numbers.

It costs $250, but it has already made my money back time and time again, theres a copy selling on the premium classifieds for $200 I think.

Case and point FaceKickers walled monte carlo.

He had a PWK designed wall which was 2 boxes stacked on top of each other and trimmed off per pwk designs.

I asked for the blueprints from Jason, and I entered his woofers T/S into termpro. It spit out a box 2.6 cubed per 15.

Which is damn near dead on what his PWK designs are after you subtract the port, woofer, and huge closed off section of his box, which I didnt understand why until I seen what the ideal box was per the T/S specs. But T/S alone is not how you design a box, but it gives you a decent starting point.

Fi says to do 3-5cubed per woofer for a 4000wrms sub.

PWK does 2.62, obviously he didnt take anything cabin related into the design, or power since his box is very high tuned, and peaks even higher and sadly barley only touching a 150 for a pair of team fi 15s on a 5.0k each.
When Jason asked PWK about the tuning, he came back and told him of coarse its going to tune difference since the boxes are taking up cabin displacement... Wouldn't that be something a designer would consider upon doing the design? I spent a good hour or so going through things for simple changes to be made without him having to gut the whole build (at least right away) and he now has some trial and error things to do that should change tuning a bit better to his liking and make the boxes a little bit more efficient for the time being.

But really a 5.24cubed wall when you have about 14+cubes to work with after shell displacement depending on how it gets built.
and all the customer gets is talked down to and belittled......

lol I can fit 5.24Cubes in my trunk..... That was the rough size of the box I had my old soundqubeds in.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I've offered to do real world testing from multiple designers including Joe X. He never came through, I feel that might have something to do with actual recorded results against other designers. Free designers and paid designers....and I had no luck

I remember you doing this. I think I submitted some aero design enclosure. God, I wonder what I'd do differently now, knowing what I know.

You did. Let me see if I can dig up all the information and results. Needless to see the worst enclosure was designed by 412CVX, lol. I never posted due to lack of participation, but I really tried. I appreciate what Joe X does so this wasn't even an attack on him, but it could have proven his designs aren't bad.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If I remember it was for a couple of 15s or something. I remember your post specifically wanting a design from him and he never came through.

On a side note, I know that Krakin has talked to that guy and says he does appear to have some good knowledge. I'm not sure if there is tons of real world experience or computer jockey kind of stuff. It does seem weird that he never posts a picture of any kind of an actual build or talk about his personal ride.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm not sure if there is tons of real world experience or computer jockey kind of stuff. It does seem weird that he never posts a picture of any kind of an actual build or talk about his personal ride.

Likely the reason he gets so much flak. Especially from those with real world building experience.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Maybe Joex gives design better to the average Joe.the people ask are more kids and don't jave clue on box design or programs.or want spend more money on subs.joes design are better than a prefab a free I can't knock what he does.

Now I would like to see anybody call him out on a challenge.. I like Joe x style post and gone.no need swing stick.lol

Sorry to much drunk grammer burp

Archived