losing highs when bass kicks in.

lowrhadur

Both amps are mounted under rear seat. I was told it's not getting enough power. I need to move the amp closer to the head unit and shorten the rca's???

I'm not sure how moving the amps and shorter rca's are going to help you. If you need more power, you probably need to have 0 gauge power wire. And i'm sure a better battery would help also.

Not for under 1000 watts, 4 gauge is plenty and any battery can handle that.

Did you set your gains properly?

Also remember those pioneer gm-d series amps are designed, as soon as they detect distortion, they will reduce the output to almost nothing. Try turning down the gains on your 8604. I have the 8604 and it performs great, as long as gains are set correctly.

The gain is at normal. (4v which the head unit has 4v pre outs.

You cannot guarantee the head unit is putting out clean power all the way to 4v. Turn your gain down a little at a time and see if the problem goes away. The "normal" setting is just a mark, you need an o-scope or a dd-1 to set gain properly.

What are your crossover points set at?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Both amps are mounted under rear seat. I was told it's not getting enough power. I need to move the amp closer to the head unit and shorten the rca's???

I'm not sure how moving the amps and shorter rca's are going to help you. If you need more power, you probably need to have 0 gauge power wire. And i'm sure a better battery would help also.

Op is running two amps, trying to see about 2k rms total, on a stock alt and sounds like a standard batt. That's why i think he needs :morepower1:

truthsayer

Hook a dmm up to the pos and neg on the mid/high amp. Replicate the issue and measure voltage drop. That will tell you if that is the problem.

If not

Turn the gain down and see if that helps. If it does that was your issue

If not

Then check all the wiring in the whole system.

Make sure its your kids and highs and not just the highs or just the mids.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Op is running two amps, trying to see about 2k rms total, on a stock alt and sounds like a standard batt. That's why i think he needs :morepower1:

How do you figure 2k? I see about 1k depending on how the 4 channel is set up.

I do see mentioned that he has double grounds, not sure what he means by that.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

That's why as soon as it detects any clipping-distortion, it automatically reduces the output.

Sounds like a protection feature to me. Still I'd wager that OP is trying to push that amp beyond it's limits.

OP. Disconnect the remote turn on lead from the sub amp (tape up the loose wire while you test) and see if you can replicate the problem.

We don't know what battery he is running. To say any battery can handle that, is just not true.

We do need to know what these double grounds are about, and what they are hooked to. Size of stock alt. Battery specs.

truthsayer

Your RCA's could be loose. I've seen that before. Check all your connections to make sure they're snug.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP