Sonic Electronix

Not calling any names but I was talking to a guy who works at arden audio and he said he tunes by ear. Also said it was GOOD to have your amp with a slight clip, said it was louder that way...

I already know youve got a fucked up sense of judgement. this just adds to it. prove your point. because youre not nesrly as smart as you think. if your ear is so efficient please call up richard clark and tske his amp challenge. I dont know anyone who couldnt use ten grand. its not really worth the time to explain things tl someone too broke to spend 125 bucks on a tool.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Holy ballz.

618613n_ball.jpg

Ok now seriously.

1-Most (Jk, not most, only 2 I've seen) are acting like you are forced to buy meade's equipment. Hell no. Do as you want. This is America. Want to tune your gear with an o-scope? GO RIGHT AHEAD!!! Want to tune it with your ear? GO RIGHT AHEAD!!! No one is pointing a gun at your head saying this is and how you will do it.

2-There is no "correct" way to do a damn thing in car audio. Think so? Then why the hell is it "application specific" and even then, "try different things to get the best result"? No one person can say what will sound the best or be the loudest. No one person can say this is the absolute best way.

3-These tools that Meade has brought us may not be for the "pros", although I know people that have great systems that people are envious of across the globe, use. It's mainly a simple tool (The DD-1, although his other ones too) that help....STUPID MOTHERFUNKS SUCH AS MYSELF. Perhaps I've been lucky but I've owned a DD1 for about a year or so now. Don't know the exact length of time. I've had a system for 5? years roughly. I lie. About 6 or 7. I've upgraded subs... ONCE. The other subs? Still work, or did when I sold them. Upgraded to some RF. Have had them for about 3 years. Not mint but they've never blown, never reconed, never anything. So thanks to the places that have installed them and such, they've lasted. But now that I have more understanding and knowledge, I have messed with the gains and such and guess what? STILL have not blown a sub or speaker. So I'll say again, the tools are made for people, such as myself, that aren't gurus. That don't necessarily know what a clipped OR distorted signal sound like exactly.

4- If you know how to tune by ear or by o-scope or whatever, why go on complaining?

5- I've heard from a few people that they've tuned systems with both the dd1 and oscope. Same systems. Tune it with the dd1 then the oscope. Oscope then the dd1. DD1 is as accurate, if not more accurate than the oscope. A legit quality oscope is damn near a thousand, if not several. DD1 is 170? 200? Whatever it is? HMMMM.

6- As others have stated, your ears change constantly. Ever heared ringing in your ears one day and not the next? Hmm. WONDER WHY. Ever get a cold and stuffy? Ever get a piece of ear wax lodged in your ear? Your ear is not constant. It's not a RELIABLE source. My gear? Eh, not much. Pennies basically compared to others on here. Many people's gear is worth more than the damn car itself. Why would they rely on an ear, that constantly changes? DD1, last I checked, only needs a battery. Then it'll be constant. Hmm.

Sheena = pedobear

I still want to know how this guy finds the clean output level of the head unit with his ears. Remember, internal amp of the HU and preouts don't always distort at the same level...

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I still want to know how this guy finds the clean output level of the head unit with his ears. Remember, internal amp of the HU and preouts don't always distort at the same level...

And even in the crutchfiled article he linked in another thread (which he convieniently ignored once someone called him out) they set the H/U gain with an oscope.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So you expect me to by a DD1 or Scope to prove my point? No thanks, I'll pass.

Only "testing" I have ever done was found that setting gains by ear with music proved near, if not completely, impossible. That "I" could clearly (or so I felt) hear when the pitch of the tone changed. And that the AC voltage of the amplifiers I've done that had creditable power specs was not beyond the rated power when using ohms law to calculate the power being produced.

Now granted, the impedance is continuously changing so it's unlikely the amplifier will produce the power the gain were set for very often, but that's to be said with any method. It an amplifier produced the same amount of power for every output signal, well....

you are cheap..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived