Sundown Audio

taramp hd5000 2 ohm amp stuck in protection

chevysundownaudio

i have had this amp for maybe 6 months now and i was heading to work one day not even having the volume turned all the way up and i heard a pop kind of noise then the amp went into protection mode. ive done everything i could think of doing to fix it. im almost positive its not the ground wire. its already in the best spot for my truck and i cleaned it up again to make sure its getting a good ground. i unplugged rcas and speaker wire and i still cant get it off protection. if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

also the subwoofer is sp4 18. the amp is wired for 4 ohms. i have a 200a alternator with two yellow top optima batteries all 0 gauge wire with big 3

If you heard a "pop" noise, then it's probably something internally. Open it up and look for damage.

Is that sarcasm or sincerity kyle? I've never had experience with taramp, never heard of them till recently. Are they good for being relatively cheap?

If you heard a "pop" noise, then it's probably something internally. Open it up and look for damage.

Is that sarcasm or sincerity kyle? I've never had experience with taramp, never heard of them till recently. Are they good for being relatively cheap?

if it is something internally then what? is something i could fix cause theres no one in my town that will repair amps. and well before this happened its been a pretty badass amp. i think the power rating they give you is a little off but it still slammed the sp4 pretty damn hard

I've never had an issue with any of the amps I've used going out on me yet, so I'm not too sure. But i work on circuit cards in the navy and usually a "pop" could be a fuse or capacitor. So check your fuses for your wiring, check fuses on the amp itself if it has any, and then if you'd like then you can open it up and look for damage. Or if you have a warranty on it, try and send it in if it's not something external, because you may void the warranty by opening the amp yourself

I've never had an issue with any of the amps I've used going out on me yet, so I'm not too sure. But i work on circuit cards in the navy and usually a "pop" could be a fuse or capacitor. So check your fuses for your wiring, check fuses on the amp itself if it has any, and then if you'd like then you can open it up and look for damage. Or if you have a warranty on it, try and send it in if it's not something external, because you may void the warranty by opening the amp yourself

i dont have a capacitor and i have replaced the fuse to be sure it wasnt the problem. and theres no fuse on the amp itself and just by peaking through the vents on the amp i couldnt see any sign of something burned or black. everything looked fine from what i could see. and yes ill see what warranty will do for me

was it mounted to the box? sounds like a vibration issue.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

For future reference OP, you may not have an external capacitor, but i was refering to the capacitors on the circuit card(s) in the amplifier. But as Audiofanaticz said, take it somewhere to get it fixed rather than try doing it yourself.

Archived