Second Skin Audio

How good would (2) SA8V2 4ohms sound on 1100rms ? (Hifonics BRZ1100.D)

SAaudioUser

But would you just recommend that to anyone?

there is a huge difference between doing something like that and recommending it like anyone can just do it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

These Sundown SA8v2s are very picky on box enclosure. Avoid prefab box at all cost. These SA8v2 will pound hard with the right enclosure. I have just 1 SA8v2-D2 in a .9cu slot port enclosure tuned to 36hz running on an old school Memphis 1100watt amp and it hit hard. These sub are underrated, it can and will do double what Jacob rated at. 1 can do 1k watt daily in a right box, so if u have 2, I suggest getting a 1700watt or bigger to run 2.

No. Do not run double the power to them.

That's right because he should be running triple the power on them!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

These Sundown SA8v2s are very picky on box enclosure. Avoid prefab box at all cost. These SA8v2 will pound hard with the right enclosure. I have just 1 SA8v2-D2 in a .9cu slot port enclosure tuned to 36hz running on an old school Memphis 1100watt amp and it hit hard. These sub are underrated, it can and will do double what Jacob rated at. 1 can do 1k watt daily in a right box, so if u have 2, I suggest getting a 1700watt or bigger to run 2.

Yeah, lets see this guy run almost 2000w on a 600w coil, fry it to a crisp, then come back and complain about how shitty Sundown is.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

there is a huge difference between doing something like that and recommending it like anyone can just do it.

I don't recommend to anyone ever to run over rated.

That is unless they want to break 158 dB, but then you can gain output much easier through box design than adding shit loads of power.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I don't recommend to anyone ever to run over rated.

That is unless they want to break 158 dB, but then you can gain output much easier through box design than adding shit loads of power.

Yeah, burp that sucker on 2k if you want, but don't expect it to take that kind of power on a daily basis playing music.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Yeah, lets see this guy run almost 2000w on a 600w coil, fry it to a crisp, then come back and complain about how shitty Sundown is.

You're right, better make it quadruple the power just to be safe. I Don't knkw what I was thinking only suggesting triple the power in the first place.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

not a chance, but if you know what you're doing they can take some abuse

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived